29 gallon reef stocking help

fjoanne

I asked this question in reef tanks but then saw nano tanks and thought this was the best place to ask.
I have 2 fish in my 29 gallon tank. a banggai cardinal and a helfrichi firefish and would like to get another fish. one that actually swims and not hover. any thoughts on what would work with my set up?

D

deadly_legend

you could probably go with a sixline wrasse, its on stock list i have been writing for when i start my 29g reef, and like Curry said, clowns are always nice

fjoanne

I think a dottyback would be a little to mean for my tank and a clown is nice but they kind of stay in the same area of the tank all the time.
I have never thought about a six line wrasse before are they a good mix with a firefish?
I just want to make sure my firefish is going to get along with everyone. I spent way too much money on him to have him hide all day or worse.
thank you for all your suggestions though
Any other thoughts on a fish that will swim around the tank and not just stay in one area of it?

troy989

Originally Posted by fjoanne
http:///forum/post/3169243
I think a dottyback would be a little to mean for my tank and a clown is nice but they kind of stay in the same area of the tank all the time.
in one area of it?
no they dont mine swims all over the place

spanko

Chalk bass Serranus tortugarum are nice, so are the Tailspot blennies Ecsenius stigmatura.

D

deadly_legend

Originally Posted by fjoanne
http:///forum/post/3169243
I have never thought about a six line wrasse before are they a good mix with a firefish?
from the Compatibility Chart i have found it says the firefish and the sixline would get along, but i personally have no experience, so im just going by the chart. you could maybe try a cardinalfish or a goby also?

fjoanne

I was thinking about a fairy or flasher wrasse I have been told they are very peaceful I do like the tail spot blenny as well. I had a b&w clown that stayed in the same area of the tank all the time (exept when there was food) until he jumped out of my tank about a year ago.
I just can't seem to decide there are just so many fish I would like to have maybe I just need to set up another tank

What do you guys think of the longfin or McCoskers wrasse? I think I'm leaning towards one of them. Do you think they would so well in a 29 gallon?

dskrezyna

I might consider a pygmy angel. From my experience and observations, they aren't aggresive and they stay small. I agree that clowns are always a nice addition.
I had a purple pseudochrmis and he wasnt aggresive and was very active and colorful. But again, Ive heard others had issue with their aggression.

fjoanne

would a pygmy angel eat my coral? that's one of the resons I've stayed away from angels I thought they nipped at coral.
someone mentioned a swiss basslet to me do they eat your clean up crew? are they completely reefsafe?