1 small huma huma
1 false perc
2 Pajama Cardinal
1 camel shrimp
1 CC star
1 brittle star
several snails and crabs
soon to add a peppermint to get rid of aiptasia
I am planning on getting rid of the cardinals for something else. Any suggestions on something fun that i could get. I looked at maybe a small snowflake but i dont know if it would eat anything in the tank. I really enjoy feeding feeder guppies to my trigger thats why i was thinking of adding some sort of predator

tome

i would really not recomend an aggressive tank in 29g. First of all no eel can fit in there. Second of all no real aggressive fish would work. just remember if a fish can fit into another fish's mouth it will probaly end up there.

fishy411

a dwarf lion would work but i think yur already way overstocked especially with the huma trigger. THey need like 125+ tanks

moraym

you could keep a single dwarf lion in there, or you could keep a SFE for about a year.
but you couldn't unless you got rid of some of the above fish for compatibility and bioload reasons. also, your shrimp may soon be lunch for the trigger.

ryan115

like i said i am already planning on removing the cardinals so that would just leave the huma (which is about 1") and the 1 perc. Which is way below max bioload:cheer: I was just thinking if there was any thing i could add. I did see a SFE at my lfs that was about 6" would he be ok in there. he wouldnt be big enough to eat the shrimp yet.

moraym

Youre a marine biology student, you should understand how much space that trigger needs.
good luck w/ the tank.

pufferman

I absolutely agree with other people on Humu Humu. Unless you're planning on getting a considerably bigger tank soon, you're advised to take him out. I have a dwarf zebra and an arc-eye hawkfish in 29, and it's been doing pretty well. They really seem to enjoy the company of each other's. My hawkfish actually sleeps right next to the lion in spite of his venomous dorsal fins. Quite amazing to watch!

W

wizardofos

While your trigger is now 1" and "comfy" in the 29 - it will soon grow quite quicky - 6" in six months is not unusual. Eventualy you wil have avery hungry and lonely (ate everyone else) fish. Even if they don't eat the fish outright they have a tendency to "taste" everything around them.
My advise - return the trigger - stay with a fish that can LIVE in the tank.
JMHO

ryan115

all of my fish are going back to the lfs in may. Every year i have to buy new fish because i dont have any one to take care of them over the summer and it is more of a hassel than it is worth to move the tank for 3 months for the summer.