29g eel tank

reefer123

my friend is going to get either a small SFE, or a yellow headed eel, for his 29g.
the tank has a aquaC remora skimmer, and two big power filters.
i bet he is going to get the yellow headed eel, it is about 13-15" long.
they get to be about what, 30" long?
he is going to upgrade to a 90g in about 5 months, will the yellow headed eel live in there for that long?
thanks.

jr2857

yes i think it will but i'm not an eel expert though i do recommed just putting him in the 90 gallon instead of first putting it in the 29 IMO. i usually put fish in tanks that they will live their whole lives in. i think it's a waste of money to upgrade unless u NEED to.

jjjoey

most def be able to live in there 4 5 months the snowflake eel, i hear can live its whole life in a 30 gallon

rgmason

JMO 29 gallon tank is way to small had a friend that had a snow flake and swore it 2.5 3 feet long and a fat bugger at that. im not an expert but 29 gals is just way to small in my view! Sorry.

jjjoey

well yeah i jsut started and i got a SFE in my 29 gallon, but i plan on giving it to my mom when hes alot bigger

dme

You try ever to keep a yellow head in a 29 for five months, it never will see the inside of a 90 gal tank, not if you sealed it tightly and never open it . I will not waste time to give you any my complete thoughts of what your doing.

dme

Say whatever you want, i seen to many who done things as this and they never work out, so can you tell me why i should take the time to explain so much here when the person who started this thread is right now looking for the one person to say that it would work, I know this for I see this happening too many times, so is why I say it not will work, period