29gallon biocube mckevin's progress

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by WangoTango
Looks good. How much rock do you have in there now?
-Justin

thanks. about 32 lbs in the front and 3 lbs rubble in the back

mckevinfang

- 35 lbs live rock- 30 lbs live sand
- 1 common clown fish
- 1 fire shrimp
- 1 firefish
front of tank

- 2 koralia 1 power heads
- 1 200 watt guardian heater
- thermometer
- algae scraper
back of tank

- CPR SR4 protein skimmer for biocube
- upgraded return pump
lights

- stock florecent
- stock blue lights
- 1 moonlight bulbs

K

kat74

It looks great so far! Lots of room for corals to be placed. Love the open space in the front... great place to put a brain coral, plate coral, some zoas...

Are you gonna try to put the heater in the back? Maybe move some rubble to the side and let the heater fit in chamber one somehow? I have a 100w visi-therm stealth heater and it's too tall to be totally submerged in the first chamber, but I put it back there and it does it's job and the top still closes!

Your set-up looks good so far! Can't wait to see more pics as your tank progresses!

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by KAT74
It looks great so far! Lots of room for corals to be placed. Love the open space in the front... great place to put a brain coral, plate coral, some zoas...

Are you gonna try to put the heater in the back? Maybe move some rubble to the side and let the heater fit in chamber one somehow? I have a 100w visi-therm stealth heater and it's too tall to be totally submerged in the first chamber, but I put it back there and it does it's job and the top still closes!

Your set-up looks good so far! Can't wait to see more pics as your tank progresses!

thanks!!
i need some great advice and you always came through

K

kat74

When are you going to add some corals? Looks like you're okay to start adding some easy corals... mushrooms, green star polyps... whatcha waitin' for?

nemo2

I like what you have so far, What do you have for cleaning crew? I would add some easy corals for sure! I just set my biocube 3 weeks ago. I have 3 emerald crabs, 4 scarlet hermits, 4 turbo snails, 2 blue leg hermits, and 3 of the sand moving snail, I don't remember what they are called.....

Let me know what you decide!

mckevinfang

ok so is it ok to buys some snails too? whats the best kind and how many? i'm going to my LFS tomorrow to buy 3 corals any suggestions? i know the basics like mushrooms but what color? i want the tank very colorful any suggestions? KAT said a brain whats a cool and popular color?

jpc763

Originally Posted by mckevinfang
ok so is it ok to buys some snails too? whats the best kind and how many? i'm going to my LFS tomorrow to buy 3 corals any suggestions? i know the basics like mushrooms but what color? i want the tank very colorful any suggestions? KAT said a brain whats a cool and popular color?
Definitely get the clean up crew set up. My best algae eaters are my Mexican Turbo Snails.
For corals, I would start with zoos. Get a couple of different colors and watch them spread. Very cool.
What kind of lights you got? It says stock flouscent, but what is that? That will determine what other coral you can get (LPS or SPS).
How about fish, have you decided on fish? A 29 could probably have 3 or 4 fish. 4 would be pushing it, depending on the mature size of each fish. Be sure to QT the fish (I just had a fish die in QT with Ich, had I added him to my tank, all of my fish would be in trouble).
Looks great!

mckevinfang

Originally Posted by jpc763
Definitely get the clean up crew set up. My best algae eaters are my Mexican Turbo Snails.
For corals, I would start with zoos. Get a couple of different colors and watch them spread. Very cool.
What kind of lights you got? It says stock flouscent, but what is that? That will determine what other coral you can get (LPS or SPS).
How about fish, have you decided on fish? A 29 could probably have 3 or 4 fish. 4 would be pushing it, depending on the mature size of each fish. Be sure to QT the fish (I just had a fish die in QT with Ich, had I added him to my tank, all of my fish would be in trouble).
Looks great!
i have the same lighting as KAT the stock lights the biocube came with. she said soft corals are the way too go! ill will make sure to pick up a few snails then. i have a fire shrimp, a common clown fish and a firefish. thanks for the advice!
WHAT ARE OTHER GREAT ADDITIONS TO A 29GAL?
- REEF CHROMIS?
- ROYAL GRAMMA?
- BICOLOR BLENNY?
- NEON BLUE GOBY?
I WANT A PEACEFUL YET VIBRANT COMMUNITY
thanks guys!

jpc763

I like my sixline - Tons of personality and he gets along great with my clowns and my firefish. I also have a Royal Gramma. Very cool fish (most recent addition) and fits in very well. I have had no luck with Gobys.

mckevinfang

is this a good deal a LFS has deals on corals 10 corals for $150.00. should i buy from here? you dont have to pick it all up at once they give you a card and you can come in whenever you want and get one.
sorry didnt knoe