2G tank....

phelpz

I have a question about how I would keep a 2 gallon tank.
I was told at the LFS they have to change the water in theirs everyday.
Is this true?
Also if I had to change the water that often how would I set something up to keep water handy.
I really want one. Even if it is a lot of work.
I also figured if it doesnt go as planned I can move the things in the 2g over to my 12g.
Thanks!

paintballer768

You wouldnt be able to keep any fish in it, and maybe a few mushrooms would be it. You'd probably need to top it off every few hours as well, and make sure its spotless because it make take a tank that tiny a half hour to mess up.

grabbitt

I have a 3 gallon pico. I do a small water change about once a week and a top-off about twice a day. I've got kenya trees, blastos, mushrooms (everywhere), zoas, and three sexy shrimp in it. They're all doing great

phelpz

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
I have a 3 gallon pico. I do a small water change about once a week and a top-off about twice a day. I've got kenya trees, blastos, mushrooms (everywhere), zoas, and three sexy shrimp in it. They're all doing great

How long have you had the tank for?

phelpz

You dont need a protein skimmer, right?
I think I'm going to get one in the next few days. If I can find one. They sell them on here, but I hate ordering stuff. I did find an eclipse 3g for $40. I might just get that and swtich out the light.
I told my mom she was buying me one for christmas.

grabbitt

No, I don't use a protein skimmer. I got my picotope with a 9 watt 50/50 light and filter for something like $35 on the doctors site. I think it looks nicer than the eclipse tanks, but that's just my opinion

phelpz

I like them a lot more too, but I have to have a cover on it because my cat likes to play in the water.
None of the ones I found online had covers.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by phelpz
I like them a lot more too, but I have to have a cover on it because my cat likes to play in the water.