2nd batch of LR...pix

toddpolish

some may think I'm crazy, but I wasn't happy with my rock setup. Mainly because there were about 4-5 pieces of my rock (Florida aquacultured) that were completely covered in mussel clams(I counted up to 35 a few months ago). Now that I'm at the 6month mark with my tank, I wanna start adding corals and these mussels make it difficult to put corals around.
So, what I'm doing is taking out the pieces of my tank that I don't like and adding this new LR that I got today (well...after I cure it of course).
The rock I got was deep sea Tonga and Lalo rock. I couldn't tell the difference between the 2. I think that I got some killer looking rock.
pix to follow below...

toddpolish

here's my tank - pic taken the other night.
The rock I take out will mostly be from the middle and back. I wanna build up the middle more and the far left side as well.
The 3 pieces of white rock you see were pieces I found on the beach in Aruba. I boiled them and then placed them in the tank. The top left one is green and purple now (after only a few weeks). I'll probably take them out too.
The rock I take out from this tank I plan to put some in the sump and then the rest start another tank with.

nice stuff. I wish mine looked like that now. I bought 50 lbs from swf.com. It was really nice stuff, but after I put it in the tank, I decided to remove a little of the sand and clouded the whole thing. Anyway, the rock is completely covered in sand now.

figstr822

Where did you get that rock - really nice looking stuff. I bought 45lbs a few weeks ago It was pretty nice, but not as nice as what you got. I'll be setting up another SW after the holidays and would like some better looking rock.

toddpolish

Yeah, I thought of removing the mussels and all, but I dunno. They do serve a purpose in the tank...minimally I guess. I may do that though, but I still wanted bigger pieces. more caves and places to hide. my sixline will like that...
I'd like to tell you where I got it, but how can I do it without getting kicked off.

nm reef

Definitely some quality lookin' LR....I'm sure you'll be pleased. But do avoid mention of the source...that could cause problems. Nothing wrong with where you made your purchase...but the host here also sells LR and mention of other sources is prohibited.
Great lookin' stuff just the same...:cool:

scotts

I am nut sure how mussels multiply. Isn't there a chance if they are in your sump then they could spread back up to your main tank? Like I said I don't know but you might want to look into it. It would be a shame to do this twice.
You LR does look good though.
Scott

toddpolish

Good point about the mussels. Not sure about that.

[hr]
I gotta say, my house smells like a sewer from curing this stuff. I feel the need to do 100% water changes every other day. The water gets very brown after 24 hrs. oh marone! Got the stuff on Friday and have already done 2 100% water changes. ugh....