2x400 mh light?

thai

I was wondering would this work. I have a 265gallon 72Lx 24T x20W i want to run 2 400 watts mh on it will this be enough thank. lps softies and some sps .....

M

mr.reef

just wondering if your tank has the bars in the middle it will cast a shadow where they are? i have a 125 gallon that is 72l and it has the three bars, and i have 2 150w mh lighting.

thai

Originally Posted by MR.reef
http:///forum/post/3157355
just wondering if your tank has the bars in the middle it will cast a shadow where they are? i have a 125 gallon that is 72l and it has the three bars, and i have 2 150w mh lighting.
there only two bracket every 2 and half feet and the bracket is only 3inches.

bmkj02

I run 2 x 400w on my 125g and it doesnt have a brace in the middle. You have 2 braces and cause of it you might get a shadow on those ares with only 2 lights. I would add a third light. You might can do 2x400w on the ends and a 250w in the middle

i have a 210 gal with two 400w halides on it, in the center i do have a very large brace that is about 10 inches wide. The brace does cast a shadow but not that much of one to where i still cant put some softies. I just stacked the rocks on both ends of the tank under the lights and have the middle of the tank as open waters. In fact i love my tank this way because it gives your fish alot of swimming room and its a blast to drop some algae sheets in the middle to get the fish out in plain view. You could add a third light in the middle to evenly distribute the light but the real question is, do you want to add another 400w of halide lighting to your tank. The two lights alone in my area sucks up about 50 bucks a month in pg&e. Just a thought though

thai

Originally Posted by bryce.martin23
http:///forum/post/3157700
i have a 210 gal with two 400w halides on it, in the center i do have a very large brace that is about 10 inches wide. The brace does cast a shadow but not that much of one to where i still cant put some softies. I just stacked the rocks on both ends of the tank under the lights and have the middle of the tank as open waters. In fact i love my tank this way because it gives your fish alot of swimming room and its a blast to drop some algae sheets in the middle to get the fish out in plain view. You could add a third light in the middle to evenly distribute the light but the real question is, do you want to add another 400w of halide lighting to your tank. The two lights alone in my area sucks up about 50 bucks a month in pg&e. Just a thought though
what is the foot print on your tank and is it a 20k or a 14k? Also can i get some pics also it enough lighting for your coral?