30 gal for one year

mgh

have started messing with corals around 6 months ago and so far so good. so far all my star corals are preading and my mushrooms are gust getting bigger. anyideas or recomendations would help.

natep206

your gonna get flamed bad. u shoul d never even keep one yellow tang ever in anything less then a 50 gal even then u shouldnt. and same with regal only 75! never never never
nate :mad:

pcinmd

Originally Posted by mgh
have started messing with corals around 6 months ago and so far so good. so far all my star corals are preading and my mushrooms are gust getting bigger. anyideas or recomendations would help.
Mess around with your camera and turn off flash to see if you can get better pics. Great start to your tank

stanlalee

so you dont feel too bad when the tang police come I'll admit I have a small 1.5" tang (was suppose to be .50-.75" but thats mail order for you) in my 30 gallon as well and I know full well it needs a bigger tank. and it will get one in a few months. The way I see it is if you can quarantine a tang in a 20gallon tank for 4-6wks with a darn piece of PVC for shelter having one in a reef for a few months while you set up a larger tank cant be any more stressful mentally. He's happy, ich free, greedy and has super peaceful tank mates (he's actually the largest fish save the lawn mower blenny. He has more room to swim than a full size or adult tang does in a 75g (which is only 12" longer. I'm going with a 100gallon over 75 or 90 mainly for the extra length as I dont really see height as swimming room for a tang. maybe a sea horse) yeah I'm justifying, whats my charge/sentence

pallan

Stan lee what is that other fish in the picture (royal Gramma?) if so its got an awsome color to it. if not what is it I like it.

stanlalee

Yes its a royal. another one of those great looking yet cheap to buy fish! (and sorry for the thread high jack mgh. I just posted to share some heat from the tang police).

mgh

all good, ill admit my wet friends need more space... catching the bugger is not an easy feat. will have to take allmost everything out just to catch. may trade one in for a piece of coral.