30 gallon F/O tank

shep

I want dwarf lion or maybe true lion. Most likely dwarf lion. Considering porky puffy also, those eyes get me. I plan on doing DSB and also supporting it off of the 125 reef tank. Any fish suggestions?
ALSO!!!
I would like to slowly introduce to 30 into the 125 as in add water let run and slowly add DSB to the 30 little by little to avoid cycle. I normally run 1200+ gph through the 125 which is a tid bit of overkill and I could easily send a couple hundred to th 30 by opening a valve and connecting the flex over there. I plumbed it in when I started the 125. Just how slow should I introduce the DSB to the 30?
Current setup is 125 gallon, 140 lbs live sand, 95 lbs arragonite, 140 lbs live rock, CPR CYCLONE 194, CPR overflow. The cpr is set up to handle 200 gallon F/O. So in my opinion with addition of DSB in both tanks plus the LR, there should be no problems if done slowly.

michaeltx

if you tie the 2 together you will need to watch you water parameters closely. puffers and lions are messy eaters so water quality can become an issue quickly..
the other thing is that the porky ( as most puffers ) get to big to be housed in a 30 gallon tank even though its tied into a larger system.
the "TRUE" Lions get way to big for a 30 gallon tank I think the dwarfs and fuzzyies might work in a 30 gallon thoug ( not real sure on it )
on both of them its not really a water volume in the system thing its swimming room that will casue the problems as they get bigger. I have a stars and stripes and a porky puffer in a standard 50 gallon and they are outgrowing it. I just gotta find a tank to chagne them over to that I like LOL .
IMO
Mike

broncofish

Originally posted by MichaelTX
puffers and lions are messy eaters so water quality can become an issue quickly..
the "TRUE" Lions get way to big for a 30 gallon tank I think the dwarfs and fuzzyies might work in a 30 gallon thoug ( not real sure on it )

I agree that Puffers are messy eaters, but the lions are anthing but messy, they do poop a fair amount though. Also I agree 30g should be good for a fuzzylion, but with a 55g you could get the fuzzy, and a toby puffer.

michaeltx

the one lion that I had would eat a something and then the next day spit up all the remains that he didnt want to digest. maybe he was just a freak though LOL
Mike

broncofish

the one lion that I had would eat a something and then the next day spit up all the remains that he didnt want to digest. maybe he was just a freak though LOL
Mike

No I have not heard of that, but it made me LoL in my office...like co workers don't think I'm nuts already

michaeltx

I guess I just got really freaky fish.
tang and big eyed squirell fish wont eat nothing but flakes even tried nori sheets the high tale it to the other side of the tank when they go in and dont move until its gone.
lawnmower that uses hair algae as a hiding spot but wont eat it.
claown that thinks he is a huge fish and tries to feed the rock thats his home and wont go near the BTA or hairy mushrooms.
Mike

shep

I plan on making it into 55 F/O before its over just having to work around the wife. Sze is not an issue. Maybe even 90, just got to get it started first. Lion will most likely be dwarf, he is my favorite.

broncofish

claown that thinks he is a huge fish and tries to feed the rock thats his home and wont go near the BTA or hairy mushrooms.

Thats funny, once again LoL, and now my wife thinks I'm crazy.
Shep...Go with the 90. I love my 90 perfect little tank. YOu can put a pair of Fuzzy dwarfs, and maybe a littl puffer(look out the toby's can be fin nippers)