30 Gallon SPS Reef Build

lubeck

I can't help myself. I like the colors. It will be sps dominate as long as I can manage a little self control. :hi:

E

eric b 125

I like the look, too. I wasn't saying that I didn't like the tank, just that early in the thread there was coral being added and none of it was sps. You might end up having difficulty with keeping it as mixed as it is especially if you want it to be dominated by sps.

lubeck

I'm having issues with sand storms due to water flow right now. On top of that Im not happy with the aquascape and have moved it at least 5 times in the last month. Just venting but all the commotion has not helped my corals much.

lubeck

I have two new frags, a birds nest and one I can't pronounce or spell so you'll help me out. I Also got a yellow watchmen goby and a gum drop goby. All lights are off so gonna have to wait till tomorrow.

lubeck

Yellow watchmen died today. Didnt make it two days. All parameters were exceptional. I'm not sure what happened. Acclimation was an hour and half. :sad:

1snapple

sometimes a faster acclimation is better, depending on the fish i lke to do 30-45min acclimations, if its like a powder blue tang i do 1hr - 1hr 15 mins

E

eric b 125

That looks like a pocillopora damicornis to me. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. If this was my tank I would move the zoas away from in between those two frags. Once they start spreading it might cause you to have problems.
What kind of lighting are you running again? I think I remember you saying something about 150 LED's but I'm not going to re-read the entire thread...

lubeck

pocillopora is correct.... im going to wait a bit before moving the zoa's and yes Im running 3-150 Kessils and the stock T5 GLO for lighting...more pics
im so happy to announce that my two ocellaris hosted my BTA today... it made my day... it took them a month to figure it out