30 gallon stock list request for comments

hwttdz1

Planning ahead a little I'd like to come up with a stock list for my 30 gallon tank. It may have close to 40 gallon volume with a small tank for a sump (possibly also refugium). At first it would be fish only with live rock, with the possibility of adding corals later.
The central species are
1) false percula clown
2) sand sifting goby (I am a little confused as to which I would like, I have seen apparently the same species as Amblygobius phalaena and Cryptocentrus sp., I have also seen it by a plethora of common names sleeper banded bullet, dragon goby, phalaena goby...)
3) arrow crab (does this need more space?)
4) (to be added at a later time) fire shrimp or cleaner shrimp
5) (to be added at a later time) bubble tip anemone
additionally
6) snails
7) hermits
What do you think, will these species get along well? is it too much? could it be expanded upon? Thanks for your thoughts.
About the "sleeper banded bullet" apparently it one of the best sand sifters and very hardy (it's my first tank so this is a concern), not brightly colored it's the behavior that appeals to me, I find it very entertaining. Could possibly be a diamond goby.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by hwttdz1
Planning ahead a little I'd like to come up with a stock list for my 30 gallon tank. It may have close to 40 gallon volume with a small tank for a sump (possibly also refugium). At first it would be fish only with live rock, with the possibility of adding corals later.
The central species are
1) false percula clown
2) sand sifting goby (I am a little confused as to which I would like, I have seen apparently the same species as Amblygobius phalaena and Cryptocentrus sp., I have also seen it by a plethora of common names sleeper banded bullet, dragon goby, phalaena goby...)
3) arrow crab (does this need more space?)
4) (to be added at a later time) fire shrimp or cleaner shrimp
5) (to be added at a later time) bubble tip anemone
additionally
6) snails
7) hermits
What do you think, will these species get along well? is it too much? could it be expanded upon? Thanks for your thoughts.
About the "sleeper banded bullet" apparently it one of the best sand sifters and very hardy (it's my first tank so this is a concern), not brightly colored it's the behavior that appeals to me, I find it very entertaining. Could possibly be a diamond goby.
Sounds good! You need VHO P.C. or Hallides to maintain a BTA long term and thrive, hows your lighting?
Small arrow crab is cool for me, some people have minor problems with them eating a hermit or snail from time to time, but I have one and really enjoy his behavior and keep him fed well, He has not been involved in the murder of any of my clean up crew , YET. Maybe swap out the FALSE Percula to a tomato, or saddleback or sebae since the false's like carpet anmones better. BULLET or DIAMOND goby are excellent hardy choices!

hwttdz1

I have combo power compact (50/50 daylight actinic) and metal halide lighting (planning on running just the pc for at least the first 6 months while I don't have anything that needs the more powerful lights).
I think I might rather change to a carpet anemone and stay with the false percula. Thanks for the input.