30 gallon

mcsd22

Its a good start but cant really tell what equipment you have there. Your live rock seems a little shy. 10 gallon tank ten pounds and so on. What do you want to no? What kind of water did you put in it? What do you want in it?

T

tampausmc

looks like a good setup....wish i would've had everything together when i started....i just got a skimmer and lights recently......only been at it a month and a half though.......
nice looking setup though......definitely get some more LR but other then that i think it looks great

H

hooligan

ill be adding more rock in about a week and have a black background...eventualy i want a reef but im going to have to upgrade lights..i have jbj 65watt,seaclone skimmer,aquaclear30 powerhead with a aquaclear quick filter powerhead attachment and a 100watt heater(i think)..and what do u mean what kind of water?

H

hooligan

tampausmc. this used to be a saltwater but was converted into fresh and had 2 oscers* in it..so i decided to give my oscers to my brother and go back to salt so over time i got the new light system and the skimmer..recently i jus bought wut u see in picture exept for the light system

mcsd22

Did it come out of your tap, city water, well water, de-ionized? Just FYI I had a sea clone skimmer and it just wasn't up to par. Sometimes it would pull protien and sometimes not. I was completely unhappy with it. I bought a back-pac by CPR and I love it. It has a bio area in it also. The sea clone will give you fits in 2 or 3 months so I would take it back.

H

hooligan

i got the water from my lfs..iv had the seaclone for awhile now probly around 1year..and its starting to give me problems now..like bubles are comeing out of the part were the powerhead and the contecting thing for the toob is and iv been trying to fix it but nothing is happening soo maybe once i get my tank all set up ill order a back pac..

mcsd22

Invest in a RO system for your water. It will cost you a little now but will save you in the long run.

mag395

I use water from my LFS. They sell RO saltwater for .50/gal and RO freshwater for .25/ gal. Just seems more cost effective to go to buy a 5 or 10 gal jug and get it at the LFS.

mcsd22

.69 a gallon = 6.9 for ten gallon=69 for a 100 gallon=690 for a 1000 gallon. I think the ro system would save you some money?

H

hooligan

okay so far i have added a blue damzel*, about 10 more pounds of rock and added one more power head..pics comeing tomorow..but im trying to decide what fish i should get :notsure: Sweetlips - Oriental or sweetlips- Spotted any sugestions or opinions?

mythrenody

Sweetlips get rather large,30 inches,So it would out grow your tank quick.
A Dwarf Angel would do good in a 30g
I have a Coral Beauty,Colorful and very active fish. I originally wanted a Golden Angel but after i bought the CB they got one in,go figure

A small list of fish that are great:
-Clownfish,So many to choose from.
-About any Goby
-6 line wrasse
-Blennies
-Royal Dottyback
-Psuedochromis (Not too sure about all of em)
-Cardinal Fish
Good luck!

H

hooligan

tank with about 8 more pounds of rock added today..background comeing soon :joy: .....sometime this week ill be geting 2 clown fish