300 Gallon Fish Compatability Chart?

collin98

Hey all of you fish finatics out there!! I just want an outside opinion about my future aquarium! I am planning on putting a more Semi-Aggressive to Aggressive fish species in this tank. I am not planning on having any corals, as the fish species I want would have an "All Day Buffet"! The tank's dimensions are 72"L, 36"W,24"H as I know certain fish species needs more swimming space. I will have Live Rock, and am planning on using Leng Sy's EcoSystem Method for filtration. In case you are not aware of what this is, it is basically a sump, that uses Miracle Mud in the Refugium, and instead of using Protein Skimmers, UV Steralizers, or any artificial form of filtration, it uses the basics of Ecology. This premotes better health of fish, and more "natural" water parameters. OKAY! So the fish I am planning on adding are:
Queen Angelfish:
Carelevel: Moderate
Temperament: Semi-Agressive,(When it becomes older)
Minimum Tank Size: 250 Gallons
Max Size: 1'6"
Blueface Angelfish:
Temperament: Semi-Agressive
Minimum Tank Size: 220 Gallons
Max Size: 1'3"
Emperor Angelfish:
Minimum Tank Size: 220 Gallons
Max Size: 1'3"
Dwarf Angelfish:
Flame Angelfish:
Minimum Tank Size: 70 Gallons
Max Size: 4"
Butterflyfish:
Heniochus Black and White Butterflyfish
Carelevel: Easy
Temperament: Peaceful
Minimum Tank Size: 125 Gallons
Max Size: 8 1/2"
Raccoon Butterflyfish:
Max Size: 8"
Clownfish:
Minimum Tank Size: 20 Gallons
Max Size: 3 1/2"
Pufferfish:
Porcupine Puffer:
Temperament: Semi-Aggressive
Minimum Tank Size: 180 Gallons
Max Size: 1'
Tangs:
Blue Tang:
Max Size: 1'
Yellow Tang:
Minimum Tank Size: 100 Gallons
Max Size: 8"
Blonde Naso Tang:
Max Size: 1'6"
Wrasses:
Six Line Wrasse:
Minimum Tank Size: 30 Gallons
Max Size: 3"
Harlequin Tusk (Australian)
Temperament: Semi-Aggresive
Max Size: 10"
Triggerfish:
Clown Triggerfish:
Temperament: Aggresive
Minimum Tank Size: 300 Gallons
Max Size: 1'8"
Blue Throat Triggerfish:
Temperament: Aggresive
Max Size: 9"
Humu Picasso Triggerfish:
Temperament: Aggressive
Max Size: 10"
Is this a good mix of fish!!??!??!?! Please leave your comments!! Thanks Guys!! :D

mjm889

I like the list you may have to be careful with the angels as they may fight with one another, but in a big tank you have a good chance that they might get along, I have an emperor and a blue angel and they get along just fine in a 150gallon and they have been together for almost two years now, The Clown trigger i would not add they can be super aggressive and go on a killing spree especially around feeding time, I have another 150 gallon with 5 triggers Pink tail Niger , Blue Throat, Humu Humu, and a Lei trigger and they get a little crazy around dinner time when its dinner time, Just some food for thought, otherwise i like the list good luck

mr-led

I have heard that the Humas go 'postal' when they get older and will assinate everyone in the tank overnight. I bought one in a whim and found this out later. The angels might work best if you add them at the same time.
I am also in the same boat as you. I currently have: a Passer Angel deffinately the King of the tank, two yellow tangs, a Neon Dottyback, and a Cleaner Wrasse in a 75 gal. tank. I'm building a 300 gallon tank this year with live rock. The Huma will probably not move to the big tank. I'm thinking about a Coral Cat Shark and a Banana Wrasse down the road. The Wrasse has to be the last thing added because it may kill new tankmates. I'm wanting a Koran Angel along with my Passer, I was advised to add them together in the new tank. I may have a challenge finding a Koran that's about similar size when the time comes. Another fish I'd like to get is a Dogface Puffer. I'm not sure what will work together if I get the shark.
Jim