300 Gallon pond after fishing trip

mistergn10

Here are the update pictures after going fishing this weekend. The weather made the fishing not so good so no sharks this time but I did get a few things here are the pictures.
Enjoy
We pulled the bait up to check and found this on the hook

A few of the 2 skates

ac

Very cool, I'm building a 1000 gallon pond now. I just wish I lived somewhere I could go fishing for my livestock(I'm in Colorado). Thanks for the pictures as it's given me some ideas for my pond. I'll post pictures as I get closer.

blizz75

thats awesome where do you live and howd u get those rays?? on hook or netted? I catch cool things like this all the time but didnt kno it was safe to put with fish from the petstore? do you mix them? and can you get a picture of that long looking fish, and do you have a stock list?? sorry for all the Qs, thanks BLizz

mistergn10

Originally Posted by blizz75
thats awesome where do you live and howd u get those rays?? on hook or netted? I catch cool things like this all the time but didnt kno it was safe to put with fish from the petstore? do you mix them? and can you get a picture of that long looking fish, and do you have a stock list?? sorry for all the Qs, thanks BLizz
I am in Atlanta. We caught them on a hook. I took all the fish I had in there out to put these in the pond. THere are 2 skates and a pin fish just some cool looking bait fish I caught in the cast net. And 2 Pompano. I almost forgot about the starfish.

blizz75

oh alright that makes since, im not sure how legal it is to keep game fish :thinking: you might want to look that up. but any way very cool, i have a small wild tank with pinfish aswell. They are cool little fish. But if u have bait fish in there then the pin will prob. tear them apart. What do u plan on feeding the skates??
And did you fish off an island, inshore or offshore for the skates?? and u said u live in Atlanta, where do you fish?

mistergn10

oh alright that makes since, im not sure how legal it is to keep game fish :thinking: you might want to look that up. but any way very cool, i have a small wild tank with pinfish aswell. They are cool little fish. But if u have bait fish in there then the pin will prob. tear them apart. What do u plan on feeding the skates??
And did you fish off an island, inshore or offshore for the skates?? and u said u live in Atlanta, where do you fish?

Went to North Carolina. Holden Beach. The pinfish was caught while using a cast net catching bait. I plan on feeding the skates krill, squid, and other fresh see food. They were all caught surf fishing.

mistergn10

wow, how did u transport them??
A 275 gallon container with a 2 air pumps and a mag 12 for water movement

mistergn10

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
cool tank, u should get an epaulette, if theyre compatable (sp?) w/ the skates and stuff.

I am going to put a small Sharp Nose Shark in there

ams153

i may be wrong but i think that the majority of fish in fish stores were caught from the ocean as many fish are not currently being captive bred therefor all the fish in your tanks at one point lived in the ocean.. so why would it matter if he caught them from the ocean its no different then the way his other fish were caught..?

blizz75

Because fish found in different parts of the world carry different disease, need different water temps, and or may not be compatible. Think about the introduction of indo pacific fish into south florida. They are outcompeting the native species for food and this could happen in you aquaria aswell.

ams153

oh i just figured that he was getting fish that were compatable with his other fish so that he wouldnt have to completely get rid of them!

mistergn10

Originally Posted by ams153
oh i just figured that he was getting fish that were compatable with his other fish so that he wouldnt have to completely get rid of them!

Everything in the pond I caught this past weekend. The fish that were in there are back up in my 210 Fish Only

sebae09

jump in the how to catch sharks thread and give this guy some advice i think between both of us we can get him off to a pretty good start. and my trip got delayed a few weeks im thinking that i will go the 22ond of this month

mistergn10

Originally Posted by sebae09
my trip got delayed a few weeks im thinking that i will go the 22ond of this month

I wish it was not that weekend I will be in Orlando. I am thinking about going to Tybee Island this weekend. Not sure yet

sebae09

how are the rays doing? im thinking about a trip to the keys next summer for some lemons if you guys want to come. its a long time from now but i just wanted to give you an heads up.

mistergn10

Originally Posted by sebae09
how are the rays doing? im thinking about a trip to the keys next summer for some lemons if you guys want to come. its a long time from now but i just wanted to give you an heads up.
That would be fun. THe rays are still doing well. We started the 1000 gallon pond today. I plan on finishing the plumbing tomorrow. I will try remember my camera