:'(

my xenias still arent out and they look like they are alive, im really worrying that im going to either lose them or that they will never open up, is there anything i can do to coax them out? what are my options?

speg

throw us a pic so we can see what you're dealing with. Also provide us with some information on your tank...size/lights/water readings (salt level, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, etc)

ok i have a 55 gallon, with nova extreme t5 lights, also i run a salt level of 1.026-1.027(can be exact with that sorry), all my levels are perfect i test constantly, the xenias look alive and havent had any die off but they just wont come out

speg

those don't even look like xenia...lol hmm... they must be really shrivled...
what other coral is in the tank and are they doing well? Is this only a xenia problem? What kind of flow are these xenia positioned in and have you tried to move them?

all my other corals are doing fine, the xenias are in meduim to meduim high flow, and no i was told not to move them much

speg

Try moving them into a less flow spot and see what happens. Often times you'll have to move coral to find their "sweet spot".

speg

I don't see any reason for him to not be out other than possible placement issues or something constantly harrassing it. Moving coral isn't dangerous or none of us would have living coral.

ok thanks, im going to move them in the morning, im also going to look into seeing if anything is harrassing it, thanks for the advice

ok i moved it and its still not out, last night i found some werid looking worm thing in it moving around, i cant seem to find an id for it, also i moved it up a little higher in the tank with a little more flow

speg

Originally Posted by fitbmxdude989
http:///forum/post/3283531
ok i moved it and its still not out, last night i found some werid looking worm thing in it moving around, i cant seem to find an id for it, also i moved it up a little higher in the tank with a little more flow
Well after a move it'll take a day or two for them to come out IF they're going to come out..secondly...try LESS flow.. not more.
Thirdly...it would be interesting to find out what the worm thing was. Hopefully it's not a xenia eating nudibranch or something.

no its hard to explain, this thing is really thin like a needle thin, its werid looking, but it doesnt seem to bother anything, corals or not idk what it is

lol considering i cant catch the little bugger and i cant find an id for it im just going to let it go and hope for the best....lol

they kinda looked like stripes at first but then as i looked closer it had hooks, i managed to catch it using a flashlight at night when he thought he was safe