38 gallon tank... post opinions

shrimpdady

Originally Posted by Maximum414
How do i post pictures
Sorry, didn't see the edit.
Click on manage attachments, then click "browse" and select picture(cannot be any larger than 500x500), then click upload.

mopar9012

looks good. you should get more rock and i dont know if your planning on move the tang but people will get on your case. a tang needs a lot more swimming room.

shrimpdady

just set up what do u think

With the livestock you have, I certainly hope this tank is not "just set up".
If it is, then all the fish you have will most likely die as they are somewhat delicate fish.
Especially the anemone.
And for that matter, that tang has no business in that tank no matter how long it has been set up.
If this tank is indeed new, take all the livestock back to the store and let your tank finish it's cycle.
During the time your tank is cycling, buy some books and do alot of research, ask alot of questions on this board, and most of all HAVE PATIENCE!!!!!!!!

shrimpdady

If the tank is established disregard what I posted above and just get rid of the tang.
It has no business being in there!

kindbuds2k

Yeah the first pic does look like a torch. But ShrimpDady is right on the tang. What will most likly happen is the hippo will get ich first of all. Due to stress (lack of swimming room). Then the flame angel will most likely get ich and now you have a sick tank.
Tangs need at least a 5 foot tank for adiquete swimming room. A 6 foot tank is ideal. Flame angels are sweet fish. Don't put any other angels in there. They do also have a tendency sometimes to nip at corals. As most all angels do.
How long have you had the tank setup?

shrimpdady

My mistake folks. I skimmed through the pics a little too fast. Boy do I feel dumb!

I agree, definately looks like a torch.

greggti

If I were you I would empty the tank off all rockwork and inverts, as this would be a perfect QT tank before you move that tang into your larger(much larger) display tank. You are gettin a larger tank right?

maximum414

the tank has been cycling for about 6 months and i have absolutely no intention on moving the tang anywhereand whats a QT tank

mopar9012

the tank has been cycling for about 6 months and i have absolutely no intention on moving the tang anywhereand whats a QT tank
you dont plan on moving the tang? its going to die, and when it gets stressed out some other things could die in your tank. it does not have anough room in that tank. they are free swimmers in the ocean. they get pretty big i think possibly around 6 inches. correct me if im wrong.

jawfish101

It may only be 2.5 inches right now, but it still needs alot of swimming room. It will get bigger pretty quickly, and you should plan on moving it to a bigger tank or else it will most likley die from stress or ich.
I would add a bunch more live rock and either remove the tang now, or upgrade.

fishguy83

you know, i wanted a tang too - in my 37g - until I did the research and realized they need swimming space - so I'm not getting one.
I think you need to do some research. It is cruel to stuff that tang in a tank like that, and it may only be 2.5 inches now, but they are live, they grow -
REGARDLESS of what size it is now though, the point is not its size, but that it needs swimming space...

maximum414

u all need to shut ur traps about the tang its not goin anywhere and none of your moranic opinions are gonna change that

jawfish101

:scared: If you dont have anything nice to say, then dont say anything at all. We are all just attempting to better educate people on the correct ways of caring for certain fish. If you think that you are right, and just dont care about the welfare of your fish, then fine, but dont snap at people that are just trying to help!
You know, you did post a thread that said "Post Opinions" so we post our opinions and you bite our heads off, thats not how its suppossed to work. If you dont want others opinions, good and bad, then you shouldnt ask for them.

mag395

hey, I like the torch and the flame angel. You should get more rock. It'll look real nice if you piled it up about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up the tank.

nudilove

Perhaps a lesson in spelling is in order, not to mention a lesson in manners and simple human etiquette Maximum.
It is absolutely true that you welcomed our opinions...An opinon is not just someone telling you what you want to hear. An opinion is honest, good or bad.
What you're doing is akin to animal cruelty, and you're reluctance to listen to people who obviously care about the welfare of your tank has given that tang a death sentence.
Good luck, hopefully you'll open your mind to people who are obviously eager to help.