3rd floor???

ive heard stories of 125g-300g on second and third floors of apartments and getting away with it,but......
the landlord knows nothing about the construction of the building..
i am moving to a new place on the third floor...it has concrete walkways that goes around both the second and third floors.
is it possible to keep a 180 FOWLR plexi tank if i place it against the corner of outside walls where the walkway meets at a corner?????
the concrete stairs have steel beams that support it so im thinking the walkways should be built on them too???
it also survived the quake in 89 with no structural damage....
tank specs:
140lbs. fiji lr
1" sand bed
these should take up some gallons
50g sump w/25g of sw
DIY stand 2x6 legs
considering the factors im faced with what do you all think???
what was the biggest youve got away with???

benihuma

I think you should be alright if you keep it against a supporting wall. I knew a guy that had a 500 gallon tank half full of water with a cayman in it. He lived on the third floor of a regular house with hardwood floors and all was good.
Ben

pancho

I used to live on the 3rd floor in an apartment building andall my tanks were against support walls so you should be ok. but don't forget the renters insurance.

cwfish

Renter's insurance is usually pretty cheap like 10-15 bucks a month. When I had an apartment I think I payed 13 bucks for 50k of coverage or something like that.