4 fish in a 10 gallon tank???

hrdfrntr95

im gona go ahead and change the substrate in my 30 gallon to sand.....
my question is can my 4 damsels,2 clown gobies and scooter blenny live in a 10 gallon for a day or 2 while the sand settles?
i know damsels are cheap but i havent seen these since i bought them and i dont want thm to die.
and the gobies and the blenny wasnt cheap(by my pocket book)......

dsbdude

You could give your damels to your LFS...and IMO, damsels are mean and i wouldn't want them in my tank. Keep your other fish in the small tank for a few days whie you change your substrate and get rid of those damsels when you can!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by hrdfrntr95
http:///forum/post/2592854
im gona go ahead and change the substrate in my 30 gallon to sand.....
my question is can my 4 damsels,2 clown gobies and scooter blenny live in a 10 gallon for a day or 2 while the sand settles?
i know damsels are cheap but i havent seen these since i bought them and i dont want thm to die.
and the gobies and the blenny wasnt cheap(by my pocket book)......
Seven fish in a ten gallon is going to be tight. Keep a CLOSE eye on the water readings. Set up something larger, such as a rubber maid tub with some pieces of rock in it, if you can.

hrdfrntr95

naw the tank isnt established it is a retired fresh tank from about 2 years ago......
im keeping my damsels.......i have 4 different types and i love them...domino,blue,3 stripe and a brownish color one with purple fins...
i know there are better and more beautiful fish out there but not a big selection for a 30 gallon tank...
as for the sub. change......i take it it wouldnt be good idea to do it with the fish in the tank?