4 gallon NUVO pico reef diary

clownfish11

For the OGs still lurking around. I'm back. Just finishing up college and I finally have a stable place to live so I decided to try another tank. Once an addict, always an addict. Way smaller this time, but im extremely excited to get this going.

Lights are stock for now but I wanted your guys opinions on what you think I should do as far as lights go. I'm looking to keep a full reef (sps included)
---Current setup:
Clamp 4watt LED
3 x 1watt daylight 10k LEDs
--------this may be 14k^
2 x .5watt actinic blue LEDs
---figured LEDs would make it much easier to control the water temperatir

As far as livestock goes i havent put much thought into it but im looking to go as colorful and exotic as possible. You guys think this 4 gal would be suitable for a pigmy or dwarf
Octopus? Any ideas on rare inverts of fish post them here.

The filtration system is built in but i think I am going to add some more natural filtration in the back chambers.

Tank just came in today and I'm ordering all my stuff online so it'll be a few days before I start my cycle.

Stay tuned, i just came into a lot of money and just recently got my fix of saltwater fish after almost 6 years away so this tank is going to be bananas. Hopefully after this rant you get the jist of what my goal is for this tank so I am open to any and all suggestions.

Attached are a few pictures of the tank straight out of the box.

Cheers,

Chris

Attachments

snakeblitz33

Congrats on the new tank. I don't personally think you should take the risk of keeping too many rare creatures in a 4g tank. That is bananas.

I hope it all works out. Looking forward to the build.

Congrats on your money and stability!

clownfish11

Couple updates here. Have everything except LR which should come in sometime this week. Flow inside this little tank is wild.

Attachments