4 inch bristle worm

deejeff442

i found a huge bristle worm in my tank.probably stupid question but,if i remember right he needs to go right?

marine7198

IMO it depends, ive had some in my tank that did no visible harm, then i had a red one about 2 inches long that was hurting my leather so i got a coral banded shrimp, now there all gone haha

deejeff442

i have a coral banded shrimp in there the size of my fist .he must be lazy.
the worm is on a big front rock now so i am going to take it out and flush him.
better safe than sorry.the thing is huge maybe longer than 4 inches thats all i can see of him.the rest of hm is in the rock.
first time i have had one of these.i have alot of corals in this tank.

marine7198

how long have you had the CBS, mine took awhile before it started moving at night and hunting. what color is the worm? i dont blame you on just getting rid of it

deejeff442

of course i went to get him out and cant find it now .i took the rock out and look all over it.guess im on the hunt now.the worm is white.i have had this shrimp for a long time maybe 2 or 3 yrs.he is huge.
are these worms fast or can i get some tweezers on him when i find him.

marine7198

your prolly gonna need to wait till lights are off, then get the tweezers out and be ready, bristleworms on that size arent very quick, but make sure its one shot one kill if you know what i mean cuz if you miss ur not seeing it for awhile

deejeff442

saw the worm on the rock yesterday again.rolled up my sleeve and got the tweezers out.well the thing is a bit quicker than i thought.it flew into the rock.so i took the rock out.the rock is maybe 8 or 9 inches in diameter.you would thing a 4 inch worm would be easy to find in a small rock ,but i looked for 5 minutes in all the holes and couldnt find it.i didnt want to keep the rock out too long cause it is covered with corals.
well worm 1 me 0 at this point.

marine7198

i wonder if your cbs and that worm are friends lol, at this point i would just let it stay, if all that rock has been it there for awhile then so has he, if ur not seeing any damage then maybe hes doing good

chrisnif

Had one about 8 inches long in my 5 gallon, not sure if he rode the rock to the 56 or if he's in the 68 degree 5 gallon :)

sean48183

I wouldn't worry about it. Bristle worms for the most part are beneficial. Eat crap in the tank. If I flip over some of my small rocks on the bottom of my tank I will see a half dozen or so at any one time. My lunar and psuedo go bonkers mashing on them when I do this. My purple psuedo was actually swimming with a 4" one in his mouth the other day. It was actually bigger than my psuedo who is only 3". He saw me and dropped him and your right they are faster than you think.