4 striped damsel ... fat lip ? or eggs

we just got a 4 strip damsel last night at the lfs and didnt notice it till this morning but it has a fat lip . is it eggs ? he is swimming around fine but does not open or close his mouth .
any ideas on how to see if it is eggs ? the fish is only over an inch long so im not sure how old he is .

small triggers

damsels lay eggs they do not keep them in their mouths,,,,,so its probably NOT eggs. could just be a fat lip from running into something in the new tank.

kendon91

I'm pretty sure that Damsels are not mouth brooders. I have a quad of Green Chromis that do not mouth brood, they lay eggs just like clowns do. If he has white fuzz on his mouth, it's most likely fungus. Sorry.

Originally Posted by Kendon91
http:///forum/post/3126894
I'm pretty sure that Damsels are not mouth brooders. I have a quad of Green Chromis that do not mouth brood, they lay eggs just like clowns do. If he has white fuzz on his mouth, it's most likely fungus. Sorry.
no need to be sorry . we got him from the lfs and he might have had it when we got him . im not sure i didnt watch the worker get him out of the tank .
but it deffenitly does not look normal . if i was closer to the lfs i would take him back and see whats up . but they are about 70 mins away from us .
but should i just let him go ? or take him out ? i dont need any dieses in the tank as this tank is doing extremly well

srfisher17

Originally Posted by camaroboy8691
http:///forum/post/3127030
no need to be sorry . we got him from the lfs and he might have had it when we got him . im not sure i didnt watch the worker get him out of the tank .
but it deffenitly does not look normal . if i was closer to the lfs i would take him back and see whats up . but they are about 70 mins away from us .
but should i just let him go ? or take him out ? i dont need any dieses in the tank as this tank is doing extremly well
This really doesn't sound like a serious disease. However, if you don't want a disease or parasite infestation ; you should quarantine all new fish, or you will introduce a problem sooner or later.