40 Gallon Breeder Sump/Refuge

nyhcx516x

OK, I am getting going on this project again, work, and life keep getting in the way, but Im going to get this done eventually!
So far, I have the display tank a 40 Gallon breeder, drilled, with an overflow built around the left side drain, and the right side as a return. I just picked up another 40 gallon breeder yesterday (great deal too).
Looking at plans... so many different ways to do this! I am looking at having my skimmer in there (super skimmer 65) and a refuge. return chamber making 3 chambers total (maybe?)
I just put the tank in its place and looking at it, ive got lots of room to play and build. This is a new world for me, any ideas guys?

nyhcx516x

OK, got most of it figured out.
The tank is 18 inches wide (40 gal breeder). I had a hard time measuring the inside dimensions.. but it looks to be about 17.5 inches. What do you guys think would be a good size cut to go in there? 17.25? leaving a bit on each side? or something tighter of a fit?

nyhcx516x

I got the baffles cut to 17.5 with rounded edges. I hope I will be able to get these into place. If not, any suggestions on just trimming them? Is that even possible?
Now im really starting to wonder if I should have ordered the cut *slightly* smaller... 17 and 5/16?

nyhcx516x

Yup, glass does not fit.
Bringing it back to the Glass Show tomorrow to have them shave some off.
*sigh*