40 gallon sump

cj7eagle

I am getting close to setting up my 72 gallon bowfront. With a little help i have come up with this sketch... bare with me, all i have is paint brush.
Does anyone see any problems, or suggestions for this setup?

My skimmer can only sit in 6" of water. Which is why i have the 3" stand next to a 9" baffle.
I will be using the 3/4" line to feed the fuge side, and the 1" line to feed the skimmer side.
I will run 2" plumbing to the return pump which is a reeflo snapper.
Thanks in advance!

cj7eagle

hey how ya doing sign guy?
how come you would use the larger line for the fuge? I was afraid of having too much flow through there.

sign guy

doing good but tired. I just got setteld from moving how bout your self
assuming your using chato yoll need about 25 times turnover in your fuge. I have a 20 gal fuge with 450 gph from the pump and 2 245gph powerheads in my fuge. I am my lfs sole suppler of chato

cj7eagle

I am doing alright. I just got done moving myself. My fiance and I just bought a house last month. now its time to set up the tank!
I hadnt considered the cheato turnover. Though the stuff i had in that 10 gallon sump i made for the 29 gallon tank didnt move or tumble at all, and it grew like a weed. I had to trim it down once a month.

cj7eagle

yeah moving does suck. especially when your fiance wants to rip off the wall paper and paint, and rip up the carpet in the downstairs and redo the whole floor with laminate flooring all before we move.
anyway... it was a straight line into the fuge. across the sand bed and up. i used a mag 5 on that setup. i forget the head pressure on that, i think i have the paperwork on that downstairs somewhere.
This time around i am using a reeflo snapper. at 4ft of head it pushes 1900 gph.

sign guy

cj7eagle said:
yeah moving does suck. especially when your fiance wants to rip off the wall paper and paint, and rip up the carpet in the downstairs and redo the whole floor with laminate flooring all before we move.
umm do we have the same girl?

sign guy

1900gph so yud have about 800gph running through your fuge if you used a .75 line. thats not horible. id go with it and add a power head if need be

cj7eagle

oh and that mag 5 probably only pushed about 350 gph.
I could always add a powerhead to the fuge area. I never thought of that.

cj7eagle

ha.. not a chance. how can bob not be cool... he always had the dark sunglasses on. mellancamp never wears the cool glasses.

sign guy

Originally Posted by cj7eagle
ha.. not a chance. how can bob not be cool... he always had the dark sunglasses on. mellancamp never wears the cool glasses.
jhons got a hog