40 Watts of Light

skeetrix

Is there anything besides from fish that will add some color in my 75 gallon tank with 40 watts of NO lighting, i hear shrooms and some polyps don;t require that much. Is this not enough?
also, how much wattage would be needed tp put shrooms and polyps in a 29?

pontius

you can keep many crabs, shrimp, snails, feather dusters, etc. wouldn't try any mushrooms or corals though

snipe

You can keep some polyps and some shrooms. Though you have to research cause some of thoughs still need meduim to high lighting.

jobob

if u get a 5050 bulb and keep the mushrooms near the top, ive seen it done before. i would say one 65w pc or vho would work.

snipe

Well "most" 75's are the same deminsions as a 55 there just wider.
My tank is 48inches long by 12 1/2 inches from front to back and 21 1/2 inches from top to bottom "my tank is a 55 tall". So if it was a shallow or same depth it would probly work.

snipe

Well it definatly wouldnt work for a reef tank but it would probly work for some low light stuff.

jonny bolt

It will work for some corals, there are very hearty, low-light, low-maintainence soft corals. I have several, a Christmas Tree coral, yellow polyp, and a few 'shrooms (green and assorted). Although I will be getting a higher wattage bulb, I currently only have 30 watts, and the corals do fine. The Christmas Tree coral does not have the algae others do, thats why it has to be fed. It is placed at the bottom, in the sand, and is perfectly fine. I have the 2 'shrooms placed in the middle of the tank, and the yellow polyp is placed towards the top.
These are SO hearty, that several times I thought the Christmas Tree was dead, only to grow back hours later. What happens is it grows full, then shrinks at night, then grows back lol. It does what it wants, when it wants lol. It's pretty cool.
Brine shrimp are good, and I will be using cyclop-eeze powder to feed em too.