400w MH Ballasts f/s CHEAP

seadazed

I am doing a renovation on a local university gym. We are replacing all of the lights with new fixtures. I have 14 400w metal halide lights that I want to sell. When removed every light worked and I tested one with a Hamilton 10k bulb to make sure it would fire it. It not only fired it but it had no flicker what-so-ever and it started just as soon as I plugged it in. These are all core and coil ballasts and the ones that I have opened and looked at were Advance ballasts. They come in a aluminum enclosure with 1 hole drilled at each end (one for power and one for mogul socket to wire into). I will enclose a couple of pic's.
I am asking $30 each plus s/h.

sammystingray

It's a decent deal, but any folks who don't know what up.....if you buy two and want say.....10000k bulbs......You will be spending a couple hundred dollars before you have lights on the tank.....bulbs, reflectors, socket, possibly a plug, and you will have to wire and mount it yourself.....I just want to stress to any new hobbiests that these lights are NOT aquarium lights, but can be DIYed to work. They are not safe around water, and need to be seperated even though the casing is aluminum.....my LFS sells the same deal....used halide ballasts not made for aquarium for 37 dollars, and it is a good enough deal, but I want to make sure you know what you are getting into. Sorry seadazed....the deal isn't bad, and they'll work, I just was looking out for anyone not understanding.