45 gal

how is this for a 45 gal
- 4-6 percula clowns
-20 blue leged hermits
-4 turbo snails
- 1 black urchin
could you help me with anything else i could put in it

harlequinnut

I think that's way too many clowns. If you must, get two percs of different sizes and hope they develope into a mating pair. As for your other choices, make sure you have some empty shells for the Hermits to move into otherwise they will kill you turbo snail and take over their shells.

harlequinnut

Oops, forgot about my suggestion for other choices. There are many small, peaceful fishes to choose from. I have a firefish that I think is really pretty and a lawnmower blenny that eats the algae off the glass and rocks. Maybe a bangaii cardinal or a flasher wrasse or even a small school of green chromis would be nice.:)

fender

Urchins are cool....untill they eat all the corraline off your rocks. If you have live rock be aware that could happen. Some folks have had luck with the urchins but the two I've tried both ate it like a brush hog through a hay field.

T

therock0861

I would only get 2 because if 2 out of the 4 becoma a mated pair they will kill off the other 2 clowns. I would not recommend an Urchin because as stated before they will eat the corraline algae off of your rocks. Lastly, get a couple other fish and also more hermits maybe 10 and snails maybe 10-15. HTH