450 gallon reef

koon7

sounds like a metal halide fixture with power compacts or t-5 as acintic bulbs. Face koralias to get as much flow as possible to all areas of the tank. You may notice an area is not getting flow from algae growth, but put them on the back to see how it works and change them if needed.

isthatright

i'm sure your right , i just did some tests n my nitrates r still 10 to 20. do turbo snails go on the sand? boy fish only seems alot easier but i'm excited to do this fowlr tank. thanks for helping me your the only one who says anything as u can see.

isthatright

just got my new light , wow is it bright. its a aqualight 48 double lamp, 2-65 watt true actinic 03 blue n 2-65 w. 10,000k daylight straight pin compact fluorescent lamps, really cool light, also 4 turbo snails thats all he had. he's gonna get me some sifter snails too n a orange zoo.

isthatright

ok well i have 2 a 1 n a3 n 2 pwr hds, boy u have to watch how u aim things cause of the sand blowin around, the turbo snails dont eat like i thought they would, move round at night but not during the day. i scraped some algae off the front cause it looked terrible.

koon7

The orange shoulder is 8-10 inches, i ordered him from this site, May 18th last year, so alomost a year and 1/2. ProbaBLY about 3 inches when i got him.

isthatright

hey koon7, me again, was wondering if the new light i bought is sufficient for my 90. the algae is going crazy n making me crazy too, thinking about adding my lawnmower blennytomorrow, plenty of algae to eat.

koon7

the light you have described should be just fine, it all depends on what corals you want to keep. Also to help with the algae you can shorten the time the lights are on by an hour or so a day.

koon7

Thanks, but i dont think you have too much rock, i guess the only downside is water displacement