450g shark

buddles

hi i was wondering what would be a good choicie of shark to put in a 450g tank. and if i could but anything esle in there with it.
Bruce

grouperhead

Epaulettes, banded, and marbled cat sharks should all be fine. Just make sure you have a fine sand bottom on the tank. Also make sure any liverock in the tank is secured and won't topple. Bo

moraym

Read Scott Michaels "Aquarium Sharks and Rays" book. I dont even keep sharks, but after browsing through the book I can understand the need to read that book before persisting in keeping aquarium sharks. It has a host of information, general and specific, to all types of aquarium sharks.

falconred

I have three sharks 2 lemons and one black tip. The biggest thing is that you need to feed sharks, and everyone puts the money into the tank, but their filtration system is usually sorry. Therefore their water parameters are bad, and the sharks suffer.
Sharks are pretty easy to keep with adequate filtration, food costs are high. $40 weekly in fish for my tank alone.
What do you plan to do when its too big?
Those are some of the things to consider, as for as additions to the tank, if the sharks are fed, most good sized fish are fine.
If you are looking at keeping small sharks, you can probably keep them in a 450 gallon tank, but make sure you spend the money for filtration.
I made a commitment to my wife, 23 years ago, she was easier then the sharks.

ffjpayne

hey falconred i was just wondering what you have to feed those sharks, and what kind of filtration do you have on your pond thanks

psusocr

hey falcon,,
sorry to hammer you with another question but i was wondering how deep that water is in your pond?? whats the footprint?

buddles

i was doing some research on the bambo shark and i think it will be the right thing for my tank. I was wondering if i could put a lion fish in there too. Because none of the sights say i can or cant.

tony detroit

Falconred, good luck with the lemon shark.
A LFS here had one, it was close to 3 1/2 feet when they got rid of it. It had chunks of flesh hanging off its nose from hitting the walls so hard. I think they only had it a little around a year.

falconred

the lemons will not get much bigger . the black tip has been with us for over two years shes not over 26" . in cap sharks will not grow like in the wild .vary rare to see these type of sharks over 4'

lilstrup

Originally posted by fishnerd
Falconred- Why do you state you have 2 Lemons and 1 Blacktip, but attach an image of 2 Nurses???

mmmmmmmmm those r not nurses