450g shark

fishy411

Originally posted by Buddles
i was doing some research on the bambo shark and i think it will be the right thing for my tank. I was wondering if i could put a lion fish in there too. Because none of the sights say i can or cant.

Sounds like an awesome tank. I would go for a Volitan lion because they get biggest. If u put in the commitment u should be fine with a shark but i would make sure u have everything covered and dont skimp on the equipment

cincyreefer

Originally posted by falconred
the lemons will not get much bigger . the black tip has been with us for over two years shes not over 26" . in cap sharks will not grow like in the wild .vary rare to see these type of sharks over 4'

Stress stunts growth... we expect our sharks to grow close to typical wild size. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see where they max out at.

falconred

Originally posted by cincyreefer
Stress stunts growth... we expect our sharks to grow close to typical wild size. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see where they max out at.

never hapen

ophiura

Originally posted by falconred
the lemons will not get much bigger . the black tip has been with us for over two years shes not over 26" . in cap sharks will not grow like in the wild .vary rare to see these type of sharks over 4'

In captivity in general, or in captivity in hobbyists tanks? Or certain species of sharks? I've worked with Sand Tigers, Browns, Nurse and White Tips in about 200,000g tank that were pretty darn near full size and grew quite well but I am not sure if you are restricting it to hobbyists/species.

falconred

In captivity in general, or in captivity in hobbyists tanks? Or certain species of sharks? I've worked with Sand Tigers, Browns, Nurse and White Tips in about 200,000g tank that were pretty darn near full size and grew quite well but I am not sure if you are restricting it to hobbyists/spec OPEN WATER sharks will not max out you said it your self 200k darn near.a shark that will grow to 5' -6' max black tip in the biggest of tanks imo they will not max out .iv been tech diver 13years seen alot of reef sharks they just dont get that big . this is why we call them reef sharks