46 gallon bowfront reef pics...

monalisa

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
rofl

What's up with that response RG? I don't really get it? Hmmmm...
Pics are awesome everybody...more, MORE!!
Lisa :happyfish

krazyk

the double stand looks weird on the 46 almost like its to much but on the 175 bow it looks super and I love it very much !!!
I've got a reef ready 90 bow now and got rid of a 72 bow a few months back, would love to house a 155 or 175 bow

offshore80

Yeah, I have to admit it's tall. But, on the up side I don't have storage under the tank cause of the wet/dry so I have plenty of space in the canopy... Even with the MH lighting. Also I don't need a glass top cause it seals the tank. Here is a shot of the inside of the canopy.

offshore80

Here is the tank a few years back before I added the canopy and MH lighting. Kind of puts things in persective.

monalisa

Originally Posted by Offshore80
Yeah, I have to admit it's tall. But, on the up side I don't have storage under the tank cause of the wet/dry so I have plenty of space in the canopy... Even with the MH lighting. Also I don't need a glass top cause it seals the tank. Here is a shot of the inside of the canopy.
Offshore, I like the idea of extra storage for sure!! Good idea.
So...I bought my tank yesterday, 46gal bow front. I got a GREAT deal from a lfs that's in the process of moving. I also ordered the stand. After I have lighting and everything where I want it, I'm going to ask my neighbor, who is a cabinetmaker, for an estimate on making a canopy...he can do ANYTHING with wood.
My husband is kind of wanting to use my 37 gal in his classroom for freshwater, but we'll see. If that happens, I'm going to set up a nano (20 gal or so) for my seahorses.
I'm excited. C'mon 46ers, show 'em if ya got 'em!!
Lisa :happyfish