46 Gallon or 72 ?????

chris23

I was wondering if I should exchange my 46 gallon that I just bought for a 72 gallon? I don't want to outgrow my tank if i stick with the 46 gallon. I love Tangs and I know they need their space, so maybe I should get a 72 gallon??? What do you think???

waterdog

Welcome by the way.
It takes a long time to set up a tank. By the time my tank was done cycling it shrunk from this enourmous looking 55g to something that was way too small for everything that I found that I wanted. If I could do it all over again I would go from the beginning with a 75 or 90g. If you don't plan on moving soon I say go all out and do it right the first time. Bigger isn't always better, but if you plan on having tangs I recommend that bigger is where you want to start out. Good Luck! ;)

crazy4reefs

i have a 46 and i wish i would have gotton a bigger tank.... if you can go for the 72 or bigger you will be happier in the long run.: and by the way WELCOME TO THE BOARD, its a great place..

chris23

I want to thank you guys for your help. I am going to exchange the 46 gallon for the 72 gallon this weekend. I look forward to learning the wonderful world of saltwater. By the way, is 130.00 bad for a 72 gallon bow front? Can I get it cheaper somewhere else? Thanks Chris.

chris23

The price I quoted was from a store in Columbus, Ohio named Aquarium Adventure. I thought it was a good deal because everyone told me that 72 gallon tanks are kinda costly.