46gal bow lighting

fish4ever

Hello, I am new here. I am looking to upgrade my lighting system. I currently have a two bulb light strip with a 20000K and a true Actinic bulb with 36W each. I don't much about lighting and have been reading like crazy. I was just wondering what your ideas would be for a good lighting system that is reasonably priced. Thanks!

wangotango

depends on what you want to keep, and how much you're willing to spend. you could use 2x 150w or 2x 175w metal halides, or 5-6 T5 and not have any limitations as far as corals you can keep. if you arent interested in keeping things like clams, anemonies and sps corals, then you could buy a 4 bulb powercompact fixture, which you be a little cheaper.
-Justin

fish4ever

I was planning on keeping some polyps, mushrooms, and zoos. Not sure though cause my angel may nip at them. idk? I was looking at the T-5 lighting but don't really know about any good brands.

wangotango

aquactinics is awsome, a 5x 39w fixture would work great. teks are good as well, just stay away from nova and catalina brands. ATI just released their fixtures to the US, but in limited amounts and sizes.
-Justin