48 inch metal halide for less than $400?

nietzsche

Total output 760W.
Approx Fixture Size: 47.5"L x 15"W x 3"H
System Support: 2x250W HQI, 4x65W CF, and 6xBluemoon LED
Odyssea Metal Halide System (Electronic Version) features:
non-corrosive powder coated housing
extra large built-in cooling fans
2x external electronic HQI ballasts
4x internal electronic CF ballast
individual power cords
tempered glass splash guard
mounting brackets
FREE item* listed below:
2x double ended 250W HQI bulb
4x compact fluorescent 65W bulb actinic blue
6x plug in bluemoon LED
the 48in version of the coralife aquapro is like 800 dollars without shipping for 492w from a trustworthy site.
48in version is 379 with free shipping for the other brand, and then you buy a really good ballast like icecap. youll end up spending like 660 or so with shipping for those two ballasts and the lighting system.
you can upgrade the ballasts later if you want. the actual light might only produce like 150w per each MH bulb, but you can just go with the ballasts after the cycling process for your tank. you can use the old ballast to fire a 150w mh bulb for a frag tank and a smaller tank, or 2 smaller tanks.

harris28

760 watts means nothing when the PAR value is low!! Watts per gallon is not a good method of determing light output. Sure you have high watts but how much lights is actually penetrating to the bottom of the tank? You can have 400 watts of good quality lights and reflectors and actually have more light hitting the bottom than your 760 watts.

05xrunner

Originally Posted by Harris28
760 watts means nothing when the PAR value is low!! Watts per gallon is not a good method of determing light output. Sure you have high watts but how much lights is actually penetrating to the bottom of the tank? You can have 400 watts of good quality lights and reflectors and actually have more light hitting the bottom than your 760 watts.
Par is in the bulb...not how the fixture is built..If you judge a light by the stock bulbs then
. Its EASY to replace those.
dual 250w is FAR better then dual 150w on a tank of that size. Plus still cheaper then the 150w version

nietzsche

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
Par is in the bulb...not how the fixture is built..If you judge a light by the stock bulbs then
dual 250w is FAR better then dual 150w on a tank of that size. Plus still cheaper then the 150w version
yup

jtcredman

I bought the 48" 692W Metal Halide System (Electronic Version), that has 2-250 watt HQIs, with two external ballasts, 2 96 watt CF with a internal ballast, 6 leds, and two internal fans, about a year ago and only had a problem with my internal ballast witch they replaced and shiped for free, and the fans are kind of noisey. I paid 329 dollars and shipping was free. I think I got a good deal. The systems are much cheaper and I think very reliable.

harris28

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
I uderstand that! And after going back and reading it I realize that it had nothing to do with the post.

the Odyssea lights are fine, everything is top notch, you just gotta replace the MH ballasts ASAP!!! or you rish it over heating.... and bad stuff happens after that

robpsca

we are purchasing the 72" version 1134 watts for 589 free shipping 3 250 watt mh and 4 96 watt pc for our 200 gal tank

05xrunner

Originally Posted by Private_Pyle
the Odyssea lights are fine, everything is top notch, you just gotta replace the MH ballasts ASAP!!! or you rish it over heating.... and bad stuff happens after that
i dont know wher eyou get that..I had the stock ballast on ther efor a little before I replaced it..They NEVER even got warm to the touch. The coralvue ballast i replaced them with got hot to the touch. I dont think they is any real concern of a hazrad its just they dont put out enough juice to light the bulb to its fullest power