48" or 46.5" VHO

williamrandel

I have a 55 AGA rr and have decided to go with VHO lamps. Now the problem is fitting them under the canopy. i have 48.750" in lenght inside. will 48" lamps fit or would i be better off using a 46.5" lamp, both are 110w so other than the lenght is there any differnce? also is there going to be an availablity issue on the shorter bulbs

toddpolish

I was wondering the same thing when I was thinking about buying lights
I have the 90g AGA rr and I just went with the 36" - ordered the stuff online and didn't want to get it in the mail and find out that it wouldn't fit. I can't answer your question exactly, but maybe this helps. I feel the 36" are fine

broomer5

If the canopy you intend to use is 48.75", then the 46.5 bulbs would be a much better choice.
48" bulbs are easy to find at most decent LFS's
Both 48" and 46.5" are easy to find online.
Go with URI's ;)

toddpolish

I actually had to go with the 36" cause across, mine was 45" to between the 2 braces
bad pic, but mine looks like this...

slick

I have the 48 inch bulbs on my 90 and let me tell you it is a tight fit. I would go with the 46.5 bulbs.

williamrandel

anyone have any suggestion on where and what kind to buy. (46.5" 3-4 lamps setup/retrofit). will i be better off to order online? Is there 1 brand that i better than another. Ya know , the normal questions that people ask before spending a few hundred $$$