1 GREEN DRAGONET
1 SEBAE ANEMONE
1 PINK HATIAN ANEMONE
1CYNARINA
5 HERMIT
10 SNAILS
2 URCHINS
2 COCO WORM
I'VE HAD 2 FALSE PERCULA THEN DEATH, I GOT A SADDEL BACK THEN GRIMM RIPPER.NOW I HAVE A TRUE PERCULA. THE TANG AND THE TWO WRASSES WERE THE FIRST THREE FISH AND THEY'RE FINE. PLZ WHY DO CLOWNS LIKE DEATH IN MY TANK!! :help:
PARAMATERSARE:
PH:8.2
NO2:0.2
NH3/NH4:0.2
ALK:NORM
SALT:1.022
NO3:0.2

mcsd22

How long has the tank been up? You are showing amonia and nitrite so there is a problem there somewhere. That could be why your clowns have died. The dragonet needs a stable pod population to survive also so need a little more info please.

tntlover

Ok The Tank Has Been Up For 6 Months We Have 50 Lbs Of Lr And 40 Lbs Of Ls The Dragonet Is A Week Old In Our System Clown Was Put In Today

tntlover

Oh The First Two Clows Died Month And A Half And To Cope Withe Loss I Got A Saddel Back 3 Weeks Later, The Other Fish Enjoy Life, Why Not The Clowns. The Trueis Swimming At The Top The Way The Other Three Did Before The Died

alyssia

Their is definitely a problem with your water parameters. You shouldn't have ammonia or trites if your cycle is over.

tntlover

We Did The Drip Acclimation Recoomended By "saltwaterfish.com" And Took A Littel Over Two Hours. Not Breathing Heavy He Just Waddels (like How All Clown Fish Do) By The Top Of The Power Head, I Understand That Trites Are To High, But I Dont Trust My Test. The Lfs Ssaid It Was Perfect 2 Days Ago.but Why Would My Other Fish Be Alive?

tntlover

Ok Well I Gues We Will Wait It Out, Ill Post In The Am Or Post Back A Obituary Later Tonight, Thanks For The Help And If N E One Else Has Info Feel Free
Thanks

mcsd22

I think you should buy a new test kit if you are unsure about yours. If the fish you are buying are healthy there is something definately wrong. If you water parameters are good then I think I would up your acclimation time to 3 to 4 hours. Sorry I can't be more help to you, what is your tank temp. Thats about the only other thing I can think of is longer acclimation.

mcsd22

75 is a bit cool is there a reason that it doesn't stay at 78? Guess I am just thinking about putting a 80 degree fish in 75 degree water could shock him. Let us no the outcome and sorry for no definate answer for you.

tntlover

well so far so good. my clown is still swimming up by my PH but he doesnt look stressed. :happyfish i will keep you updated. thanx for all the help.

saltn00b

you may also want to consider using a QT tank to keep new fish in there for a month, so they dont introduce anything bad into your system. if something goes wrong its easily treatable.

saltn00b

oh and im surprised the tang police havent harped in here yet but they will likely tell you your tanks is way too small for any tang, especially the sailfin.

tntlover

Yeah So Am I, I Do A Good Job Ducking Them, The Sailfin Is Maybe An Inch I Got A Hippo I "forgot" About Too, But She Is Like Smaller Than A Half Inch. Good Idea About The Qt. How Large Do You Reccomend 10 Gal Or Littel Larger?

saltn00b

you will definitely run in to problems with both of those tangs in that tank. i would reccommend selling them or moving to a larger tank asap. qt tanks, at minimum 10g but usually bigger the better, mine is 29g