5 gallon nano cycle

b.n.g

this type of tank,being small that is,,how long u guys think it will take to cycle?curious?

b.n.g

well its day two,,i feel like i wana add some fish now,,,just sitting there looks like its already cycled.lol..dang..thanks for all ur feedbacks,,,,well im planing to make it fish only,,,and yes one of my fish will be a yellow wacthman goby,,,,and hopefully a very small percula clown,,,then trade him after when he or she gets to big....im not really sure how long to cycle this type of tank?u do?

b.n.g

so i should wait like,maybe 3 weeks or so,start introducing snails and see what hapens?,and should i take out the carbon bag??

b.n.g

pare,wow,,really nice,,i like it alot,,,,hopefully,maybe,doing a mini reef,,if posible...so u think i should cylce it for 2 weeks?then try to add some snails or fish.i have about 20 gallons worht of ro/di,,thanks to my ro/di i bought frm hellolight...yea i like my tank too....day three and im getting to exited,but i know i cant add them yet....bahalana.........oh and also what do u guys suggest if i wanted to get some corals,what would be the right size?if any.....

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by B.N.G
pare,wow,,really nice,,i like it alot,,,,hopefully,maybe,doing a mini reef,,if posible...so u think i should cylce it for 2 weeks?then try to add some snails or fish.i have about 20 gallons worht of ro/di,,thanks to my ro/di i bought frm hellolight...yea i like my tank too....day three and im getting to exited,but i know i cant add them yet....bahalana.........oh and also what do u guys suggest if i wanted to get some corals,what would be the right size?if any.....
yeah thanks. well if ur water tests are good within 2 weeks then yeah put fish/snails/hermits. id put in a hardy fish first though to make sure if ur water is good. i added a tomato clown first, then added hermits n snails. good luck!

b.n.g

ok im gonna check to see if my water paramwters r good in 2 weeks.u think a false perc will be ok?and my other question is do i really need a protein skimmer?my coralplans are ,pulsating xenia,and some zoos....do they need a skimmer to survive?

lazypinoy

i dont kno about false percs that much. ive bought about 5 in my life and all died due to this disease called "brook". ive put one my 10g, and 55, 15. all dead..
no you dont need a skimmer just a lot of water flow,but for that size tank it would help alot keeping nitrates down, and would require less water changes.
if trates spike up that would harm your zoos i think but the xenia wouldnt mind. i thought i didnt need a skimmer for my 10 g in the beginning but my trates went up to 40 so i gave in and bought one n e way water is perfect!
. well if u plan on not buying one now im pretty sure ull buy one sooner or later. lol the addiction would get to you by then.

all u need is a little decent skimmer. i run a reg. prizm on my 10. bak pak on my 15. maybe you should try that aqua c remora nano.

b.n.g

does it relly matter what size skimmer i get?or the saying goes bigger the better?yea,i was also looking at the prizm as well.now about the flow,im running 50 to 100 gallon sea clear filter?will that be good enough for a flow?because im not really gonna go all out on corals,,,like i said zoos and xenia..is 26 watts of lighting to littel for my 5 gallon..cuz im using my lights frm my old tank,frm my sump....
my tank has been cycling for about 5 days now..waiting for another week or so,then i will add osme fish and stuff...
so u think i shouldnt get false perc's,huh.beacuse i really like those fish,,ok what about true perc's,or its the same thing as the false?beacuse i dont want any damsel fish,ive heard they are a pest?correcgt me if im wrong.

lazypinoy

yeah that looks like good enough water flow. and yeah that lighting should work for ur nano. id buy a lil decent skimmer at its smallest size. your tank is way to small for something like a css65 or 125 "but it would help though
" id get a a prizm or aquaC nano remora.
i dont think u should get em. jmo. maybe a tomato or firefish, yellow watchman, yellow clown gobies, cardinals?, a scooter blenny. i have a fire fish and a blenny on my 10. maybe u should get a like 1 0r 2 firefish.

b.n.g

i now added some snails,about 7 of them,,its been i think 9 days now,and the snails appear ok,at the moment,i will give u guys more update'smaybe tomorow im gonna go test my water and see if everything is good to go,even though the snails r surviving