5 Gallon Nano stocking

overanalyzer

OK what would you put in a 5 gallon nano tank? Are there any fish at all that would fit? Which kind of corals? What kind of invertebrate crew??
Anyone have any pictures of a 5 Gallon nano then PLEASE POST!!!
Thanks all!

N

newreefers

with a 5 gal I would say any one fish that doesn't get over 1-2" full grown, with such a small tank, that would max the bio load. Be sure to do regular water changes. You could keep a couple of shrimp in there, maybe 2 small peppermints.
with the right lighting you could keep corals.

overanalyzer

/ / / / / / / / Bump - I have read a few posts on nanos - what can I stock in a 5 gallon nano?? Don't make me say I am thinking of putting four or five tangs in a 5 gallon tank just to get some exposure!!!;)

broncofish

Oh my GOD you beast all those tangs in a 5 gallon tank. We all know you need at least 29g:D :D Just kidding. I stick with the small tank bread perc idea.

j21kickster

Clown Gobies- Weather green, red, yellow- they stay small
Neon Gobies stay small as well- both of those are good canidates

overanalyzer

J21 Kickster - you have mail - no response - no love .... what did I do wrong??
Seriously - thinking I will be heading up your way soon to get a pound of live sand .....

hhands361

Yeah I actually have the same question as overanalyzer. I just set up a 10 gallon nano to start, and I'm planning on getting maybe an orchid dottyback or something in that field. Heres a pic.
sry if the pic is a little blurry

overanalyzer

Mercedes - yes it is possible - I am planning on adding a refguim to the back side to help stablize it - but you have to be somewhat anal retentive and payt close attention to details.
Here is a picture of Jewel (Shrimp or banded Goby)

overanalyzer

And here is a picture of Goby Green - he still likes ot hang back @ feeding time so it is a little rougher getting a shot of him!!

overanalyzer

and yes that is the last of my diatom bloom hanging on the back of the tank - not sure why - everything else is gone!
Water params as of 2 hours ago:
Salinity 1.0235
Ammon. 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
PH 8.2
Temp a rock solid 80
there is one snail and some more will be added next weekend
Yes Mercedes there is a santa claus - unfortunately he does NOT deliver reef ready 190 gallon tanks @ my house.....

broncofish

Nice looking fish there Jerome. I see you and kickster are working for out a frag trade heh? That tank is going to be looking saweeet by the time I get back to OZ.