5 Gallon Nano stocking

aggie05

too much current. I'm not worried about the water quality. The LR will be plenty to handle the bioload since the tank is only going to have a snail and the rics in it. But I am almost positive I am going to have to find a smaller filter for it.

overanalyzer

I use two whisper in tank filters for my water filtration and movement - along with 3 pounds lr and 3 pound HI rock that is now got critters and stuff on it - not sure when it is fully alive ... I like the whisper in tank but I will be adding a fug shortly!

dfishh

i think ill only have a few snails and a shrimp, maybe some mushrooms, i wana try to get a lot of lr in it, well alot for a 2.5 gallon anyway. i think ill go with a mini powerhed
DAVE

dfishh

well i just set it up, got a sand bed, mini compact heater, mini jet 404 powerhed, and like 2 pounds of lr so far. also, a 13 watt daylite pc. i mite get a pic later, but i have a question, i put the sand in b4 the water, so wen i poured the water in, i guess it was a lil to fast. cuz all these huge bubbles came in and sand stuck to them all. now, the sand bed looks twice as thick cuz its full of litle pearly like bubles of sand, will this go away?
DAVE

overanalyzer

it should - the bubles should eventually rise to the surface .... if you have nothing else in the tank you may want to stir the sand a little and cut your powerheads and filter until the sand settles again