5 months tank pic

Well thanks to all of you guys my tank has made it to the 5-6 month mark. I have learned tons from you guys and look forward to learning more. As you can see I have some Cyano in the tank. Some tell me its just the age of the tank. Any suggestions?

sw65galma

Originally posted by soccer4life94
Well thanks to all of you guys my tank has made it to the 5-6 month mark. I have learned tons from you guys and look forward to learning more. As you can see I have some Cyano in the tank. Some tell me its just the age of the tank. Any suggestions?

Nice setup..
If your in Boston, we should swap some sand some day!

The lighting setup is great. I had some GREAT mentoring when I was placing the order for the equipment. ( gee wonder who that was :) )
PFO Ballast and dual Pendants 150w de hqi 20K

Yellow Tang
2 Percs (paired)
Sixline Wrasse
2 Firefish
They are all pretty cool fish. I thought they would all be rather solitary fish, but they are all like a pack. They swim together eat together, hang out together under the rocks. When I put the fire fish in the other fish came over in a pack to check them out...pretty funny. Anyone elses like this?

not at all...so far they like swimming together. I had read thay they like to be in pairs, so I saw these two already paired in the tank and they swam next to each other, so I got both. They seem to get along really well.

sw65galma

hey, that would be great. Where you at in Boston?

I work in government center.
I live in Brockton.

donahue

They are PFO
Dual Pendants 150w de HQI 20k

I would like to upgrade my current lighting, can you give me some information on where you got this setup? thanks

acez28

from my experience the cyano comes from poor water movement. I had a real bad bloom when one of my powerheads went out. But after replacing the powerhead the cyano was gone in 2-3 days. Its hard to get good water flow in some spots i know but thats where i think it comes from.

I cant post other sites on here...you can IM me on AIM under the S/N Soccer4life94 and I can tell ya where I got them.
Ya, I have tons of flow, but as you said...sometimes the you can have enough flow, but not in the right areas. So I guess I will play around with it for a bit. That and I also put in a timer for the lighting last weekend. I thought I had read somewhere that inconsistent times and length of times can cause algae blooms. So I changed all that and now I will see how it goes. Does the Cyano just die off or is it something I have to manually remove to get rid of it perm?