50# bag of southtown sand in AL

leadian

I brought one bag too many down from Chicago. Ive heard its rare down here.Make me an offer. Looking for local trades. Otherwise its going in the sandbox.

saltynewbie

HI! im from MS and i was wondering where you are located and where you get your fish/corals? just looking for another place to shop! thanks...

xphiles

Hello there !
I'll be up in Chicago in a about a week-- where did you find that Southdown sand???

edwar050

Hey im from alabama as well, tuscaloosa- pet supplies plus and finn inn in tuscaloosa are good, birmingham also has various pet shops.

leadian

To all Midwesterners looking for Southtown.
I bought the sand at "the Depot" in Merrillville, IN on Rt 30, however I've been told it is a SEASONAL product only purchased in the spring (for sand boxes) and when they're out, its till next year. I bought the last bags about 2 months ago and they said they weren't ordering more till spring.You have to go when they get all their spring items, about Febuary or March. GL to all

leadian

I really wasnt looking to sell it as more hook up with some local fellow reefers and get a frag and maybe a scoop of an established sand bed (that I would trust). Its just one bag of $5 sand.