500 gallons huge tank

T

tennisball

ok im selling a tank form my freind it is 500 gallons acyrlic small scratches nothing major i will get pics soon he would like 2000 dollars or best ofer new this tank is 10000 dollars
we live in saginaw MI

snakeblitz33

pick up only? Overflows? What does it come with? Is it home built? What brand? Does it come with a sump?
does it come with fish, corals, invertebrates? How many pounds live rock/base rock? How many pounds live sand? What kind of powerheads? What kind of pumps? Will it come with a quarantine tank, refugium?
Would he be willing to meet half way for a little extra?

T

tennisball

its just a tank not home built and it pickup only i will get some more specifics in a week or so for ya

crimzy

Can you post pics please and give some more specs, including whether there are overflows, and tank dimensions. Thanks.

snakeblitz33

2,000 is pretty expensive for a used acrylic tank only. I would probably be able to buy in a few months, but if it doesn't come with anything else- it's not worth the investment.

T

tennisball

ok poics and spec will be up in a week or so and 2000 for just a tank is exspensive but not for 500 gallons new these run 10,000 they are easy to drill and making or ordiring overflows is very easy
ill post asap

T

tennisball

well if you can find the materials and know how to build it then by all means do so but i dont think you can buy an 8 by 5 foot by one inch for that much buy plz dont act like im trying to rob people because im not ty very much

nakadoc

If you dont like the price then dont inquire about it. He is trying to help someone sell their tank so he is not responsible for making the price. And if he really did pay 10K for it then 2K is a hell of a deal.
If you can build one for $900 make 20 and put these other companies out of business and get rich quick!

snakeblitz33

Originally Posted by nakadoc
http:///forum/post/2521138
If you dont like the price then dont inquire about it. He is trying to help someone sell their tank so he is not responsible for making the price. And if he really did pay 10K for it then 2K is a hell of a deal.
If you can build one for $900 make 20 and put these other companies out of business and get rich quick!
Been thinking about it, actually. My business lacks the market and incentive to expand into building custom acrylic tanks at this point in time.

T

tennisball

once my neibor is back in town im going to post a new thread with all wanted info and please do not post unless you are a serious buy ty

reeferman75

Snake
How do you think you could build one for 900.00 . You will have more then that in acrylic alone, then glue and help plus the time to build. I think for 2000.00 for this tank is a Steal.