55 gal for sale Milwaukee

daj0424

I just upgraded to a 90g reef ready so my 55 gallon tank needs to go. Here are the details. I took very good care of the tank. It is a little over 3 years old. It is one of the cleanest used tanks I have ever seen. Everything still works great due to me being consistant with maintience. Just add sand or CC, water, decorations, and fish.
1- 55g All Glass Aquarium (Black) and hood
1- black powder coated stand
1- power sweep power head (265 GPH)
1- Emperor 400
1- Bak Pak 2 Protein skimmer (with boi floss) less than 1 yr old
1- Visi therm 200
2- 15w Power-Glo fluorescent blubs
Selling this all together. Over $500 invested. Selling for $350 OBO.

daj0424

at this time I am selling this set up all together. I will keep you posted if I change my mind. Thank you for your interest.

c-wagon 39

Hi, I am a complete rookie but I am very interested in learning more and getting a tank set up. Seeing that I live somewhat close to you, would you recommend this type of set up for a newbie? Also, what more equipment would I need to add to get it up and running? I guess I'm looking to start with a somewhat basic set up, probably no coral until I get a little more experience (I want to do it right the first time). I am also still in college so holding off on the coral for a couple years will help with the costs. Any feedback is appreciated.

daj0424

I have been in this hobby for over 3 years now and the 55g tank was what I started with as a college studnet as well. I think that most people looking for a good rookie set up would look at purchasing something like what I have for sale.
I had it set up as a fish only tank with some live rock and it was well established. I learned many lessons with this aquarium but now I can pass this along to someone else and hopefully they will have the same luck as I had with it.
The only thing that you would need to start this aquarium back up would be filters for the
Emperor 400 (approx. $10), new bio wheels for the Emperor 400 (cost ??? guessing $20), your substrate (crushed coral or Sand approx $40), water (approx $20), and fish (cost ???.)
To start I would get the supplies for the emperor 400, mix about 50 gallons of saltwater, and decided on your substrate. I started with crushed coral and ended with sand. Sand is the better choice in my opinion.
After you get those supplies then the tank would have to cycle for about 30 days. If you are not familiar with cycling do a search and you will soon become aware. After cycling, the most important lesson I learned is to be patient and start to add fish very, VERY slowly. maybe a fish a month or so. Of course after your tank cycles add a few damsels to the tank and wait a few months to make sure yourt cycle is complete and the biological process has started.
That is really all I can say. If you are planning a new set up definatly do your research and if you are interested in purchasing my equipment I would be happy to sell it to you and answer any questions that you have. Good luck!

daj0424

Anyone interested. I have seen many used aquariums for sale and this one is very clean and looks good. I have taken very good care of my aquarium and when you have a chance to get a quality used aquarium like this one you would be foolish to buy anything else. I am saving you money!
This set up is really ready to go and it gives you the option of choosing how it looks. Please emial me if you are interested. daj0424@msn.com
I wish I only had to pay $350 for my first set up.

daj0424

Here are some pics of the tank. It is in great shape and needs a new home. Everyday I see it I want to get it back up an running but I know that my wife will not allow for 2 large aquariums in the house. email me if you are interested. I will let it go for $300.

daj0424

This is still for sale and let me add is a great deal from what I have seen in the used aquarium market. Very clean and is ready to go. In the picture I have the glass tops in the aquarium, I have thrown them away becuase they were cracked. Dont think that the aquarium is cracked. It is in perfect condition, I have some people interested but I am not willing to ship at this point. I am in no hurry to sell but would like to see it go to someone who will take care and enjoy it as much as I did.
Great for your first set up!
Send me an email if you are interested.