55 Gallon Reef- Lots of Pics

coraljunkie

Got this Hammer Coral as a single head frag for $9 at LFS. Has now spit into two heads and has two more growing out either side.

coraljunkie

Yeah I know I will get hammered by the Tang Police. Planning on upgrading to a 175G within the next year. T5HO and PC's

coraljunkie

With the exception of the zoa frags and the hammer frag everything I have in the tank has come from SWF.com. Love their stuff.

maybe this is a really stupid question I am not sure, but how in the world are your pics so clear, it seems as if you camera is in the water... I think I am out of the loop here some how... :( I know a good camera is important. but still....... what setting do you use for your camera?

coraljunkie

Nothing special. I use a Samsung NV10 and place the lense against the class. It has a setting for taking closeup shots.

well I guess I am not that out of the loop seeing how you dont put your camera in the water!!! lol... I will mess wth my carema when I get home to see what kind of shots I can get with it... thanks for the tips :)

crypt keeper

The tang police are idiots. Those fish grow very slow. I had a baby one that I bought about two inches long and placed in a previous 40 gallon. It took him almost 2 full years to double in size. Besides its not like you can just take him out and sell him when he outgrows the tank. As long as it is happy with free swim room and places to graze and hide who cares. They are grogeous fish that make any tank just that much more pretty. If its alive and eating its happy.

Your tank is sweet man. No too much and not too little.

coraljunkie

Hey Thanks. I have always kept Tanks in this tank. Even had a Yellow and Purple together years ago and never had an issue with either.