2 Blue Fin Damselfish
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
5 Turbo Snails
5 Nassarius Snails
5 Astraea Snails

Blue Tang

It will be very small when I purchase it, around 1"-1.5". When it gets too big I am going to bring it back to the store for a smaller one again.
Red Mandarin Dragonet

I have a refugium & copepods.
Other

Do I have too many fish...? Too many shrimp...?

fishkid13

Looks good. We need a full tank shot. I wouldn't even get a tang even if you get it small. Just switching it that many times would probably stress way to much. If all of your shrimp get along then I wouln't say you have to much.

impulse-ive

I agree Tangs in a 55 get pissed. I had one get mad and go after my lion fish. He was taking huge chunks out of him so i had to return him to the LFS.

extinct 1ne

I've seen Hippo Tangs in tanks of all sizes. 10, 29, 55, etc. If worst comes to worst, I'll get a Yellow Eye Kole Tang.

fishkid13

Originally Posted by Extinct 1ne
http:///forum/post/3074031
I've seen Hippo Tangs in tanks of all sizes. 10, 29, 55, etc. If worst comes to worst, I'll get a Yellow Eye Kole Tang.
Yes people keep tangs in those small of tanks. Should they? Heck no!! You could get a kole tang but I wouldn't get any tang and put it in a 55.

jackri

You need the lights on!
I have 2 tangs in my 90g --- A yellow tang and a yellow belly blue hippo tang.
I'm pushing it a bit with the blue hippo as he's about 4 inches but.... he's healthy and other than my tangs I only have a clown, six line wrasse, a chromis and damsel.
I don't think you're flawed having the blue hippo tang in there and bringing it back when it outgrows the tank as that may take awhile and you have time to enjoy him -- but I would look for something for the long haul personally.
Anyways.... I'm like you and love a lot of shrimp -- be nice to watch a softy tank mature!

jackri

I see your from Vegas... ever been to that store in Summerlin although I can't remember the name? I stayed at the Hampton Inn?? for 3 months doing some training at the Air Force bases last year and swung in a few times.. Thought they had a nice selection of fish -- especially compared to what we have here.

extinct 1ne

jackri - Actually I am from Colorado, I just live in Vegas, lol. I think the one you are talking about is Trop Aquarium, because it is on Tropicana. One of the better places down here for sure. There are a few competitors though like, Lucky Tropical Fish, and another is F.I.S.H. Those are the best ones I've been to. All of the livestock that is currently in my tank is from F.I.S.H.
Ohh, why do I need the lights on?

fishkid13

http:///forum/post/3076420
jackri
- Actually I am from Colorado, I just live in Vegas, lol. I think the one you are talking about is Trop Aquarium, because it is on Tropicana. One of the better places down here for sure. There are a few competitors though like, Lucky Tropical Fish, and another is F.I.S.H. Those are the best ones I've been to. All of the livestock that is currently in my tank is from F.I.S.H.
Ohh, why do I need the lights on?
The one by in-out buger? If it is I love that store.

extinct 1ne

fishkid13 - Not sure if it's by In-N-Out Burger, but I know it's by Wal-Mart. F.I.S.H is by Del Taco, and Lucky Tropical Fish is in Asiantown by a nail place.

extinct 1ne

Updated stock in orange, just a few more snails...
1 Gold Striped Maroon Clownfish
1 Hippo Tang
1 Midas Blenny
1 Red Mandarin Dragonet
2 Blue Fin Damselfish
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
5 Turbo Snails
5 Nassarius Snails
5 Astraea Snails
5 Cerith Snails
<-- I heard they did a pretty good job with "snail poop" and the "green/brown algae" on the sandbed.

fishkid13

http:///forum/post/3077424
fishkid13
- Not sure if it's by In-N-Out Burger, but I know it's by Wal-Mart. F.I.S.H is by Del Taco, and Lucky Tropical Fish is in Asiantown by a nail place.
I don't know those ones. When I am down their I go to Atl---- by in-out burger on lake mead I think.