55 Gallon Softy Reef

extinct 1ne

fishkid13 - Last time I was there was last year. But when I was there they had two major tanks. 1 freshwater, which I think consisted of some Catfish & other bigger fish...and the other saltwater which consisted of a Porcupine Pufferfish, and some others (there might have been a Large Lionfish in there). Some other fish they had where Sweetlips, Moray Eels, Clowns, Damsels, etc. I think this is the one.

fishkid13

Originally Posted by Extinct 1ne
http:///forum/post/3079222
fishkid13
- Last time I was there was last year. But when I was there they had two major tanks. 1 freshwater, which I think consisted of some Catfish & other bigger fish...and the other saltwater which consisted of a Porcupine Pufferfish, and some others (there might have been a Large Lionfish in there). Some other fish they had where Sweetlips, Moray Eels, Clowns, Damsels, etc. I think this is the one.

I like that store sense you see more unquie aqutic life then some of our LFS here.

extinct 1ne

You haven't seen anything man. There are better stores here in Vegas, not to call AF&A bad, because they have quality livestock. Then again I don't really go to that store do to it's loacation and my location, lol.

extinct 1ne

Just picked up 5 Hermit Crabs, a Kenya Tree Frag, and a Green Spot Zoanthid Frag all for $25. The Crabs were $1 each, and the frags were $10 each. I'll post pics when I get batteries

fishkid13

http:///forum/post/3080025
You haven't seen anything man. There are better stores here in Vegas, not to call AF&A bad, because they have quality livestock. Then again I don't really go to that store do to it's loacation and my location, lol.
Do any of them carry more of the excotic life stock?

fishkid13

http:///forum/post/3083172
Not sure because I don't know what AF&A carries. I only went there like once or twice.
It carries all of the common types of fish (lion's, tiggers, tangs, antias, etc) but when I visit they have some fish that are not usually wildy avalible. In other words very dieverst livestock.
Can't wait to see a pic of them full out. Keep up the good job.

extinct 1ne

fishkid13 - Thanks man, I went there yesterday when I got the Frags (you can't pass up $10 a frag.
) They had a Volitan Lion, HUGE Moray Eel, Decent Size Clown Trigger, Baby Clown Trigger, Valentini Puffers, A Few Tangs, Batfish, Small, I mean Tiny Scooter Blenny, Smallish Green Mandarin Dragonet, HUGE Starfish (like the size of your hand), they also had this one Dottyback that I've never seen before, it might have been rare, ooh not to mention huge pieces of live rock, and some corals. They also have a pretty nice Freshwater Selection.

fishkid13

http:///forum/post/3083734
fishkid13
- Thanks man, I went there yesterday when I got the Frags (you can't pass up $10 a frag.
) They had a Volitan Lion, HUGE Moray Eel, Decent Size Clown Trigger, Baby Clown Trigger, Valentini Puffers, A Few Tangs, Batfish, Small, I mean Tiny Scooter Blenny, Smallish Green Mandarin Dragonet, HUGE Starfish (like the size of your hand), they also had this one Dottyback that I've never seen before, it might have been rare, ooh not to mention huge pieces of live rock, and some corals. They also have a pretty nice Freshwater Selection.

extinct 1ne

New Stocklist
_____________________________________Fish
1 Gold-Striped Maroon Clownfish
1 Yellow Eye Kole Tang
1 Midas Blenny
1 Red Mandarin Dragonet
2 Blue-Fin Damsel
_____________________________________Invertebrates
1 Long Tentacle Anemone
1 Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
1 Red Fire Shrimp
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
1 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Pistol Shrimp
1 Brittle Starfish
5 Turbo Snail
5 Nassarius Snail
10 Hermit Crabs
_____________________________________Corals
Zoanthids
Polyps
Mushrooms
Kenya Tree
Colt Coral
More Soft Corals…
_____________________________________Substrate
60 Lbs. Live Sand
_____________________________________Rock
50 Lbs. Live Rock
And Pics!!!

extinct 1ne

Just picked up a huge Colt Coral, and a medium size thing of 4 different kinds of Mushrooms. I'll post some pics later on.

fishkid13

. Your tank looks very blue. I should but some two small bright whith ligths with a powerhead pointing at the surface to make it look like the deep blue. Keep up the good work.

extinct 1ne

fishkid13 - Did you hear that my tank broke, now I have to buy a new 55g. But I have a question, do I have to cycle it because my fish are in a bucket, and my corals are in the refugium.

fishkid13

http:///forum/post/3086101
fishkid13
- Did you hear that my tank broke, now I have to buy a new 55g. But I have a question, do I have to cycle it because my fish are in a bucket, and my corals are in the refugium.
What! I spend hours on hear and didn't hear this. Are the rock and sand in a bucket? I would think you might have a mini-cycle but not like a regular cycle.