55 gallon stocking

kingjeff

HI everyone, I am going to set up my 55 gallon for aggressive with live rock. I know it's a small tank but what can I stock in it? Right now I would like a snowflake eel, lunar wrasse and maybe one more fish. IS there such a thing as a dwarf puffer?

nickfish

O MY GOSH! EVERYTHING IS FINE EXEPT THE LUNARE WRASSE! I HAVE SEEN THEM AT OVER 12 INCHES AT MY LFS! I would save up for at least a 100 gallon tank.

nickfish

A good combination for that tank would be
1. Snowflake Eel
2. Sharpnose Puffer
3. Bluehead Wrasse
I have kept all of these fish before and they are awsome. I still have my SFE. I traded my puffer because it was nipping at my lion and my bluehead wrasse jumped out.

kingjeff

thanks for the responses guys....yeah....the lunar wrasse looks awesome but I guess I will try another colorful wrasse.

kingjeff

i found pix of the bluehead and I like it. Will a sixline wrasse work? I cant seem to find picks of the sharpnose.

nickfish

A sixline will be eaten by the eel. My bluehead wrasse was one of my favorites. I miss it so mutch. I dont agree with saying blueheads are territorial. I had mine for around 4 months and it was the second fish added. Never bothered anything. Another thing about lunares is that they are mean as can be. Mine was around 6 inches and it looked comfortable for my 55. Sharpnose puffers are also known as valantinis.

nickfish

Originally posted by nickfish
Mine was around 6 inches and it looked comfortable for my 55.

The bluehead was 6 inches I mean. I have never kept a lunare.

jaeger

I've had blueheads and a lunare wrasse. Regardless of their agressiveness, be prepared for fish that are constantly in motion, and I mean constantly and fast. The effect is hardly hardly peaceful, if that is important to you. One bluehead I had constantly swam into the sidewalls of a 180 galllon tank, headon into the glass! The lunare has beautiful color, but color seems to vary based on what he is fed, and he always prefers food that floats for awhile, like flake, frozen, krill(freezedried). Mine is in with a rabbitfish, a flamehawk, and a red striped squirrelfish, and they get along tremendously well, although the squirrel does like to steal the larger chunks of frozen food, and drag it to his cave, but that's probably instinctive for him.