55 gallon tank

b_slate

So far I have 70 lbs of LR and 5 damsels. My tank is fairly new (1 month) and I am looking to add more after everything gets settled in.

hot883

Originally Posted by b_slate
What does everyone have in their 55 gal tank?
I have about 75 lbs. of LR, 55 lbs. of LS, 2 HOB filters with bio floss and charcoal, 1 PH and stocked with:
1- yellow tang
1- Bi-color Angel
1- Bangaii Cardinal
2- Fire Fish Gobies
1- sea star
1 emerald crab
1- cleaner shrimp
1-peppermint shrimp
30 blue leg hermits
5 scarlet leg hermits
35 Astrea and other snails
I change 5 gallons each week
rinse out 1 set of filters and replace the other set
scrub inside of tank as necessary
top off with fresh water when needed
feed everyother day frozen brine, formula one flakes and a small slow sinking ball (pin head size)
turn on lights (what came with tank) at 0700 and off at 2000 hrs. each day (7 am- 8 pm)
sit infront of tank regularly(sp) to enjoy. When I add fish it's 1 at a time and then wait a cou[ple of weeks before I get another. I have my water checked once a week from 2 different sources. This is just what I do. THIS WILL NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE, but it does for me. I also add LR when I can alittle at a time from a local source.

hot883

Originally Posted by b_slate
So far I have 70 lbs of LR and 5 damsels. My tank is fairly new (1 month) and I am looking to add more after everything gets settled in.
Just my opinion, I would take the damsels out and replace with something not so mean once tank is cycled. JMO

b_slate

I do plan on removing the damsels, I am thinking about getting a percula clown, a couple of gobys, some type of tang, a star fish, and a good cleaning crew... How does that sound? Any other recomendations. I like your tank!

hot883

Thanks. You know you have been warned about the TANG. Ha!(looks over both shoulders for Tang police)
Other than that your list is good. I am thinking about a pair of clowns. Still looking for the right Bright Colors I want. Got any pics. of yours?