55 gallon tank

fish1031

Depends if you want small fish like clowns, chromies and basslets etc. Or less larger fish like a small tang and a dwarf angel like a flame or coral beauty.... You can have like 8 small fish. OR like 5 med size fish

pat short

Originally Posted by ssjkakarot
what small tangs are there
I havea flame cardinal. yellow wrassee, cleaner wrassee, scotter blenny I had a Dori, but she died and a crown beauty angelfish died also

pat short

Originally Posted by fish1031
Depends if you want small fish like clowns, chromies and basslets etc. Or less larger fish like a small tang and a dwarf angel like a flame or coral beauty.... You can have like 8 small fish. OR like 5 med size fish
I now have a scotter blenny, cleaner wrassee, yellow wrassee, flame cardinal. hippo tang, crown beauty dies Help me

pat short

i have only small fish flame cardinal and yellow and cleaner wrassee. I had two tangs and and coral beauty they died What now?

pat short

I had a tang(hippo) died Yellow tang (dies) cleaner wrassee (died) pajami Cardinal (died) flame cardical and yellow wrassee both are living

jalurao

Originally Posted by birdmom
What is a Dori?
My guess would be a Blue Tang...as in Dory from "finding Nemo" :thinking:

birdmom

Hey jalurao,
OOps! My Bad. My boys are in their teens so I have never seen the Movie.
Thanks for clearing that up....
I think I may have to watch that movie sometime..

jalurao

Originally Posted by birdmom
Hey jalurao,
OOps! My Bad. My boys are in their teens so I have never seen the Movie.
Thanks for clearing that up....
I think I may have to watch that movie sometime..
You definitely should see it!!! They have some cool behind the scenes stuff on the DVD also. The animators had to learn to scuba so they could observe the fish and other critters. It is so funny to me having seen the movie first...that when I see an actual type of fish how it acts so much like it's character from the movie. They did a great job with it and it is one of the few animated movies I can watch over and over. I love it! :happyfish

birdmom

Originally Posted by jalurao
You definitely should see it!!! They have some cool behind the scenes stuff on the DVD also. The animators had to learn to scuba so they could observe the fish and other critters. It is so funny to me having seen the movie first...that when I see an actual type of fish how it acts so much like it's character from the movie. They did a great job with it and it is one of the few animated movies I can watch over and over. I love it! :happyfish
Hi! So I finally got "Finding Nemo" & watched it! You are right! What a cute movie & the fish behavior is so true!
However... Why didn't you warn me that it was going to start out so sad & make me cry within the first few minutes???? No one told me this was a SAD movie!!
Thanks for motivating me to watch the movie! I can see myself watching it many times!
Birdmom

teresaq

Tangs need a 6 ft tank. the are too big for a 55 gal. they get stressed and die. I would stick with smaller fish. clowns, royal gramma., firefish, gobies, blennies.
What fish do you have alive right now,

jalurao

Birdmom, glad you enjoyed it!!!!! Sorry about the sad part though. Did you watch all the extra features on the DVD? Loved the story of how they did the animation!
Sorry about our offtopic conversation. :)