55 gallon tub

carshark

Originally Posted by Fishe1
How would one of these be set up in a fashionable manner? Its wid but its not as lengthy.

Im sorry what do you mean??

fishe1

Well they call it a 55 gallon tub, there is more width to it but not as much length. It just seems like there is not enough room to add much because it not as long as your normal length 55 gallons. It holds as much as a 55 gallon but its more square. I hope this makes some kind of sense. I was just curious how should I go about adding fish and other water creatures in this tank.

carshark

Well they call it a 55 gallon tub, there is more width to it but not as much length. It just seems like there is not enough room to add much because it not as long as your normal length 55 gallons. It holds as much as a 55 gallon but its more square. I hope this makes some kind of sense. I was just curious how should I go about adding fish and other water creatures in this tank.

I dont have much info based on a 55 gal tub. as far as a tank is concerned it all just depends on what you want to do.. whether its fish only or reef. there is a lot to start with, have you read any books or done any research on what you want to do?

fishe1

I have read a lot through the threads here and in a few books, and what I believe I am really wanting to do is to deal with the more family school type of fish, less aggressive, but exotic( arent they all) and coral.

carshark

I have read a lot through the threads here and in a few books, and what I believe I am really wanting to do is to deal with the more family school type of fish, less aggressive, but exotic( arent they all) and coral.

ok well in a tank that size, chromis, and cardinals are good schoolers.. you will have to avoid tangs. not much i could say here with a cube 55, if it were a 55 long, i might suggest a heniochus school. some say that they will be too big for a 55, but with just those guys and a good amount of LR (75-90lbs) your reef will look great. you may have to pay attention though with them, some wont touch a coral while others my digest an expensive treat..

fishe1

Well I appreciate your advice, do you think maybe I can get some suface swimmers and a few bottom dwellers for a cube like this? Add some corals? And a few reefs or not?