55g SHARK TANK!!

emperor11

Haha...gotcha, didnt I? Here are some pics of my 55 gallon. It is soon to be a reef, but I need some more things first. BTW, I dont use RO water (i know shame shame, working on that right now) and my tank sits in direct sunlight for about 5 hours a day, so I get a lot of brown and hair algae. Keep in mind I'm only 13...but anyway, feel free to comment/criticize!! Below are my tank specs
Equipment
55 gallon all-glass aquarium
200w Penn Plax Heater
1 Aquaclear 300
1 Aquaclear 200
1 Seaclone 100
160 watts of NO fluorescent light
Fish, Inverts, Corals, LR, etc
1 clown (other one recently jumped ship)
1 black cap basslet
1 blue damsel
1 african flameback angelfish
1 piece of star polyp
chaeto algae
Encrusting Sponge
10 hermits
10 nassarius snails
1 emerald crab
1 pom pom crab
1 pencil urchin
Full tank shot

Star Polyps

Group Shot 1

Group Shot 2

Pencil Urchin (in corner)

African Flameback Angelfish

Feel free to add suggestions! Also, if you have any ideas on what you think would look nice in here, please let me know.

treybom

lots of algae....................................... but looks pretty good.... u scared me when i saw 55 shark tank!

emperor11

Originally Posted by treybom
lots of algae....................................... but looks pretty good.... u scared me when i saw 55 shark tank!
Yep, I know...and thank you. I just put that in the title to grab people's attention....

emperor11

Originally Posted by surfinusa
that is awesome and a dwarf puffer would look awesome

Thank you surf!! I am looking into a Fiji Blue Spot dwarf..thanks for the suggestion!!

treybom

ok well idk how you feel about tangs in a 55... but might a nice bright yellow tang... if its not ur thing... dont flame me or anyone else

treybom

Originally Posted by cain420
liar liar, pants on fire!!!!
WHERE IS THE SHARK???

ya there you go... maybe a shark would make a nice addition? :thinking: no jk

emperor11

Tbom, you're right, a yellow tang might look nice. IDK, I'll have to think about it. And Cain, you're right, I lied...so what LOL. Fedukeford, I think I need a bigger cleanup crew too. Ha! And tbom, my pom pom is very shy, but if he ever shows himself in plain view and I happen to have the camera, I'll snap a shot!

dad & son

Hey you want to know what would look really good in your tank?!?!?!?!
A lion......................... to bad you have small fish already in your tank the lion will eat them.

emperor11

I dont know about a Carpenters, but I am thinking about a fairy wrasse of some sort. And, dad and son, I could do a dwarf lion with all my small fish, but my mom wont let me get a lion....
~Emperor

fishieness

..... you were looking to spend 1300 bucks on a fish, but dont have an RO unit? lol
i think your fine for fish numbr and selection, but that is just me.
looking good!